Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Wesgreen international school - job offer

Wesgreen international school - job offer

Old Jun 1st 2013, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

auralius is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wesgreen international school - job offer

I couldn't agree more
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you come up with a moniker like JTizzle? Were you in your razzle mood?

Give it a break. It's obvious you're trolling for some random school that has a mediocre reputation at best. Is the school paying you a sum per post you make?

Originally Posted by auralius
I couldn't agree more
Old Jun 29th 2013, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

cocochanel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I'm new to the forum...just joined in fact. I have been offered a job with Wesgreen Int'l school and am considering accepting it. I will be moving with my family - a daughter and my husband. Any information on the school form those currently employed there would be welcome.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

I have been reading up on the old posts - 2011 and i find that most people were unhappy at the school. However the more recent posts show that current employees have nicer things to say about the school. Is the nice stuff really true? Are teachers really happy there? Is the accommodation really good with play area for kids? We are a modest lot and don't really go overboard when it comes to spending. Will I be able to manage on the salary offered? (10,000DHS)
Old Aug 17th 2013, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

marooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud of

So, did any of you guys go to Wesgreen - and cocochanel, or any others, how are you living on the 10,000DHS?
Old Aug 18th 2013, 2:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by marooned5
So, did any of you guys go to Wesgreen - and cocochanel, or any others, how are you living on the 10,000DHS?
Well haven't got there yet but will be in there sometime soon. And really the pay isn't so bad. I mean come on...you do get accommodation and education for your kids. Living on 10, 000 as you say isn't so hard ot do especially since my family and I don't frequent pubs and don't require club memberships to be happy. We enjoy a moderate lifestyle with family outings to the beach and other places of interest on weekends. I guess we should be alright
Old Aug 18th 2013, 2:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cocochanel
Well haven't got there yet but will be in there sometime soon. And really the pay isn't so bad. I mean come on...you do get accommodation and education for your kids. Living on 10, 000 as you say isn't so hard ot do especially since my family and I don't frequent pubs and don't require club memberships to be happy. We enjoy a moderate lifestyle with family outings to the beach and other places of interest on weekends. I guess we should be alright
And there are four of us joining this time. I've been in touch with some of the other newbies and they seem to be looking forward to it too.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

marooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud of

Sounds good - I would like to hear your experiences once you get there. Hope it will all be good!

Do the school provide / pay for family-sized accommodation? When I've been looking (not very hard as not leaving til next year) I wondered if they might just offer a one roomed place, or one room in a shared flat...
Old Aug 19th 2013, 7:52 am
Just Joined

emj12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a new teacher graduate (23 years old) from Canada and I accepted the job offer I recieved from Wesgreen! I am nervous but excited.
I chose the apartment accomodations rather then the allowance option given to me because I know when I get there I do not want to waste time searching for a place.

A friend of mine also is moving there with me to teach but she has a different contract at a different school.

Honestly the hard part is going to be the heat! But air conditioning everywhere is a plus. Any other ladies wondering what clothing to bring over?

I have researched a lot of Dubai and spoke to friends that live there and I know that it will be culturally shocking but a HUGE experience.

If anyone else wants to share what they have heard about Sharjah/Dubai let me know.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

em12 - can i be cheeky and ask how much the accommodation allowance at yr school is? i would need a 3 bed apartment / house and am wondering how much of that an allowance would cover (not very much i suspect!).
Old Aug 19th 2013, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Well I am a new graduate and coming alone so my salary is 9000AED per month
and if I took the allowance I believe it was only 1500 AED monthly. However, if you have a family they give more to families....so in your case you would definately recieve more and free schooling for your family. And on top of you salary they usually provide families an extra living allowance.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by emj12
Well I am a new graduate and coming alone so my salary is 9000AED per month
and if I took the allowance I believe it was only 1500 AED monthly. However, if you have a family they give more to families....so in your case you would definately recieve more and free schooling for your family. And on top of you salary they usually provide families an extra living allowance.
Thanks - that's really helpful. I hope you enjoy it there - will you be posting your experiences? Hope so!
Old Aug 25th 2013, 7:16 am
Just Joined

I move on Friday!! So I am nervous but a lot of people in this post have commented both negative and positive things about Wesgreen...however, the truth is everyone has different opinions and experiences SO do not take it so literally and I am excited and will not cloud my head with negative perceptions about the school until I am there
Old Aug 26th 2013, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JTizzle
Wesgreen has a good location, it is only 10 minutes from Dubai. The school is located in the industrial area, however the accomodation is very good and modern. The packaages offered are competitive and very similar to those offered in any other Sharjah International school. Most of the children are a pleasure to teach and discipline is high on the agenda of the school management team. The staff are always ready to help should you have any queries and are accomodating. Hope the review helps you.
For some reason I smell shite!
Old Aug 31st 2013, 9:20 am
Just Joined

nemom is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband has been offered a job at Wesgreen too.....there's a rabbit off somewhere - I would love to know how it is going for the new teachers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.