Waiting for HR Offer

Old Jul 28th 2016, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Milana2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiting for HR Offer

Hi ALL,

I had an interview with the HR from an university, at the end of the conversation he told me that he will send me a financial offer. Since 2 weeks now I have nothing
Is it normal process in the ksa?
Do I have to call him back or still wait. I dont want to be in a bad position and give them the impression that I am desesperate.

Could you please help me and advice, I will be very gratfull!!
Thank you all!
Old Jul 28th 2016, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting for HR Offer

I think you're fine to send a note now. It won't sound desperate.

Just keep it short.

"I enjoyed our call about the ABC role at 123 university. Let me know if there is any other information you'd like from me. What's the next step? Thanks, Milana"

Remember the role doesn't exist until you have the offer in your hand, so don't get hopes up too much.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

The problem is that I don't have his email only his tel number. Even I dont know his full name.
Our phone call was very short, he asked only for my nationality, my country of residence, years of experience and where I worked before. I have no idea about the position.

I called him today but no reply.
I am a bit dubitatif.. is it a normal way of recruiting faculty position in the ksa?
If I have the HR over the telephone what should I say to him ?

Many thanks for your help!!!
Old Jul 29th 2016, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

It all sounds very suspicious. Nobody sends a job offer without proper interviews. More likely it is a scam and next thing is they'll ask for you to send some "admin fees"

Forget about it and move on.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Dominoman
Old Feb 9th 2017, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

kostik3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

I waited for my offer for more than 3 months after face to face interview.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. It is normal for KSA. Middle East HR works very differently from the West. I've even been asked - after being hired - to fill in a job application, for the wrong position. More than once. I've also declined positions and then six months later had HR ring me to ask about meeting attendance because someone forgot to record that I declined and the rest of HR just assumed I accepted, got a plane ticket and had been working for them for months. Regrettably their payroll did not also make that same assumption.

Also common for educational institutions to renege. Don't give up your current position until you get a plane ticket.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

It wont sound desperate in fact he will be delighted you are doing his job for him. You will soon be organising your own visa too......welcome to KSA