British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   VP offer at PIF (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/vp-offer-pif-941928/)

kidmann66 Dec 13th 2021 7:04 pm

VP offer at PIF

Just got an offer from one of the investment teams at PIF.
  • Level is at VP
  • Base is 55k SAR per month
  • Performance incentive is "Per Policy in effect". I asked for a target/average figure but HR said he cannot share. :blink:
While the bonus is still a wildcard, anything under 100% (12 months) would mean a pay cut to what I earn currently in pre-tax terms. Does anyone have any insights of what a VP can expect for the yearly bonus?
Thanks and feel free to PM me.

Millhouse Dec 14th 2021 4:00 am

Re: VP offer at PIF

Originally Posted by kidmann66 (Post 13080968)
Just got an offer from one of the investment teams at PIF.
  • Level is at VP
  • Base is 55k SAR per month
  • Performance incentive is "Per Policy in effect". I asked for a target/average figure but HR said he cannot share. :blink:
While the bonus is still a wildcard, anything under 100% (12 months) would mean a pay cut to what I earn currently in pre-tax terms. Does anyone have any insights of what a VP can expect for the yearly bonus?
Thanks and feel free to PM me.

Bonus culture here is nothing like the west. Assume it is half what they say it is; if they are not telling you, then assume it is zero.

kidmann66 Dec 14th 2021 4:06 pm

Thanks. That's good to know.
The headhunter gave me a baseline figure of 50% so I guess I can assume it will be around 25%.

Thus they are expecting me to take a 30% (gross) pay cut for the privilege to work in KSA. :amen:

UKexpat2021 Dec 14th 2021 5:57 pm

I’m contemplating an offer with PIF at a similar level. Bonus is apparently 3-7x monthly base

kidmann66 Dec 14th 2021 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by UKexpat2021 (Post 13081215)
I’m contemplating an offer with PIF at a similar level. Bonus is apparently 3-7x monthly base

Yes so that aligns with the 50% (6 month) figure that I got from the head hunter.
Did you get an uplift from your current gross pay?

Kinesiz Dec 21st 2021 7:10 am

I am also comtemplating an offer from PIF. From what I have seen from others / heard from headhunters, SAR 55k per month seems to be on the low end for a VP, especially if it means a cut to your currenr gross pay..

Are you currently in the UK? What is your experience like?

kidmann66 Dec 21st 2021 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Kinesiz (Post 13082722)
I am also comtemplating an offer from PIF. From what I have seen from others / heard from headhunters, SAR 55k per month seems to be on the low end for a VP, especially if it means a cut to your currenr gross pay..

Are you currently in the UK? What is your experience like?

I will pm you

Kinesiz Dec 26th 2021 6:58 pm

Is there anyone else with additional data points on the package (base, bonus, accommodation, education, any other benefits, etc.)?
I have a couple of (very limited no. of data points) and these are of very (too much!) broad range. Would be great if others can share their headline figures.

fth Jan 8th 2022 8:57 pm

What type of sector are you guys VP's in? The base can move dramatically depending on your job function in London, so it is the same in the ME region too.

kidmann66 Jan 9th 2022 5:22 pm

investment front office type

Alison_P Aug 16th 2022 11:06 am

Has any one moved joined PIF from UAE . Wanted to understand what is the kind of offer (% Increase and Bonus) given and how cost of living differs between UAE and Riyadh.