Emirates Group IT

Old Aug 4th 2017, 9:17 pm
BP3
Just Joined

BP3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Emirates Group IT

If it's useful for anyone on here - I applied for a Head Of CyberSecurity role with Emirates Group and it was a waste of my time. A Head Of role in the UK is a senior management position but not with Emirates. It turned out to be a junior manager Grade 9 role and the offer was atrocious.

Basic Salary 211,200
Accommodation Allowance 162,000
Transport Allowance 16,560

Lesson learned - ask what grade the role is before interviewing. I told them to treble the base salary and I'd consider it - I earn over £100k in the UK!!!
Old Aug 5th 2017, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates Group IT

I wonder if you are based in a country that offer is targeted to.

Not suitable for a UK resident, but would be considered a very, very senior role with appropriate compensation for those resident, or maintaining to strong ties to, in nations to the east of the UAE rather than the west.

Either that or things are a lot worse at EK than even pessimists think.
Old Aug 5th 2017, 4:59 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe worth plugging your salary in here, then reflecting upon how fortunate you are?
Old Aug 7th 2017, 4:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

That package adds up to the equivalent of £6775.
To earn that in the UK nett, you'd have to be on £134,690.

Maybe they just don't think you're worth that much?
Old Aug 7th 2017, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
That package adds up to the equivalent of £6775.
To earn that in the UK nett, you'd have to be on £134,690.

Maybe they just don't think you're worth that much?
oh, scampy. Again... Exchange rates and cost of living.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 11:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
oh, scampy. Again... Exchange rates and cost of living.
In this instance I just did it to make a point.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BP3
Basic Salary 211,200
Accommodation Allowance 162,000
Transport Allowance 16,560
that's mid range for a Grade 9, you also get ID90 tickets so you can fly anywhere business class for around 2,000Dhs....
Old Aug 9th 2017, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

But probably only if available which means forget snagging a business seat on popular routes and they're really only available on routes like Islamabad?

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
that's mid range for a Grade 9, you also get ID90 tickets so you can fly anywhere business class for around 2,000Dhs....
Old Aug 11th 2017, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
But probably only if available which means forget snagging a business seat on popular routes and they're really only available on routes like Islamabad?
It is standby, but that was a never a problem, I once went for 24 hours to NYC over a weekend, just cos i could LOL - you can also stay in the crew hotels in manhattan, which are dirt cheap too.

That said I'd rather pay full fare and not work for them. Hideous company.

Englism
Managed
Indian
Ran
Arabs
Taking
Enormous
Salary