University Job

Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:33 am
Just Joined

Scootar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default University Job

Hi everyone, I have a job offer from a university in the UAE. I was wondering if anyone here worked in the university sector? I'd be interested to know what you think of it, and what would be a good offer for a professorial role.

I've been reading the threads about the impact of covid etc - people's business struggling, people leaving. I was wondering how COVID impacts day to day life outside of work?

Thanks in advance.

Old Feb 17th 2021, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

w_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: University Job

Originally Posted by Scootar
Hi everyone, I have a job offer from a university in the UAE. I was wondering if anyone here worked in the university sector? I'd be interested to know what you think of it, and what would be a good offer for a professorial role.

I've been reading the threads about the impact of covid etc - people's business struggling, people leaving. I was wondering how COVID impacts day to day life outside of work?

Thanks in advance.
Hi
Would you mind sharing with us which university? there is a huge variation between them and some are really bad.
Old Feb 17th 2021, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Scootar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'd rather not say specifically - but you might reflect on what you think are the good ones and/or ones to avoid? Obviously, there's the different university rankings, with UEAU and Khalifa doing well, but then this excludes the international branch campuses on NYU, Wollongong, HW etc.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

w_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond repute

International branch campuses are the best as they escaped budget cut. UAEU is not among the top ranking unis in UAE anymore. KU is full of bureaucracy and HR is horrible. They had budget cut last year.