Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Thinking of working Saudi Arabia

Thinking of working Saudi Arabia

Old Jun 17th 2013, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

mcphillips is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of working Saudi Arabia

Just been asked if I would be interested. In working for the signal school( national guard) i would love to hear from anyone who has done this sort of job please also what the accommodation is like. thanks
Old Jun 18th 2013, 9:57 am
Just Joined

gandida is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinking of working Saudi Arabia

me too-have been offered a position with Aramco but without housing and the wages of sin do not really cover the cost of compound rent in Yumba-any recommendations for that area and where to live with mrs gandida and the little one too. If options not available then thinking of ditching the offer.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

mcphillips is an unknown quantity at this point

The accommodation is provide with this one. Just need to try and find out what its like.....????????
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

I think no one here is interested in the National Guard School of Signals, which is part of the Saudi army. Are you a British soldier? You'd better access LinkedIn and search for a few expats working there.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 9:58 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll find it's not a case of 'not interested', but more likely that no one knows about this School of Signals, whatever it is.

Old Jun 30th 2013, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Hippacrocapig will become famous soon enoughHippacrocapig will become famous soon enough

Is the job with GPT?
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Yumba ? Do you mean Yanbu ? New Town on the Red Sea. Old Yanbu was one of the ports for Medina. Not my cup of tgea and I was in lots of different hellho;les in KSA !

National Guard Training is not an easy one. Low language skills among recruits - and not much willingness to learn , according to scuttlebutt.