Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are there many jobs for 21 year old british females, in Abu Dhabi?

Are there many jobs for 21 year old british females, in Abu Dhabi?

Old May 9th 2013, 4:02 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there many jobs for 21 year old british females, in Abu Dhabi?

Originally Posted by holly321
Yeah ive been looking at a lot of admin jobs and they all say you need a bachelors degree. Seems a little steep for basic work.
My friends parents are asking around for jobs for us, but would obviously be better if we were out there ourselves looking for work. Bit of a tough one as it would be silly to leave our jobs in the UK if we cant find anything in Abu Dhabi.
You need a degree to qualify for your own residence visa, not to get the admin job. If you are sponsored on a spouses visa(or such) then you can do admin work. Mostly this is low paid(but not all) because other nationalities will work for a small amount. But my wife registered with an agency when we first arrived and she found work Dhs10K+ for a couple of years until the little one came along. This was in Dubai, and the advantage was that she was here and on my visa before looking for work. Good luck Holly.
Old May 9th 2013, 5:59 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dumbo
You need a degree to qualify for your own residence visa, not to get the admin job. If you are sponsored on a spouses visa(or such) then you can do admin work. Mostly this is low paid(but not all) because other nationalities will work for a small amount. But my wife registered with an agency when we first arrived and she found work Dhs10K+ for a couple of years until the little one came along. This was in Dubai, and the advantage was that she was here and on my visa before looking for work. Good luck Holly.
No you don't, not at all.
Old May 9th 2013, 6:17 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Your right, but its not really the point of my post, I will edit it for you.

Edit - At least I would have done if it would let me. You do not need a degree for an admin job.
Old May 9th 2013, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

holly321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im sure you just get sponsored by the company you work for?
Old May 11th 2013, 12:08 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
You do know how hot it gets here in the summer? Up to 50 degrees with no respite at night.
I expect they would have aircon where they were staying / working .
Old May 11th 2013, 3:00 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

The reason why we want to go over to abudhabi is for a new experience and to save up to go travelling in south east asia and then onto Australia. So would hope to be on our way by December.

When you say don't expect great salaries. Roughly what do you think we would get paid monthly?

Thanks for the help!
Apply to Etihad or Emirates to be a trolley dolly?

I've no idea on requirements (age, qualifications etc..) but if you get a job for them your travel is paid for.
Old May 11th 2013, 3:05 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Apply to Etihad or Emirates to be a trolley dolly?

I've no idea on requirements (age, qualifications etc..) but if you get a job for them your travel is paid for.
I imagine that one essential is fluency in a foreign language.
Old May 11th 2013, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
thats correct its not a necessity. it just depends on the company policy etc.
Old May 11th 2013, 3:35 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I don't think it is, I knew an Irish one and she was thick as pig shit.
Old May 11th 2013, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

What no one else seems to have cued in on is that you're looking for a six month contract before heading onwards to SE Asia.

It's not going to be easy to find a short term position as companies don't want to go through all the hoops and expense of getting you a visa only to have you leave six months later.

If your goal is to party it in SE Asia why not just stay in the UK for the six months you'd earmarked for the UAE?
Old May 11th 2013, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Not at all. I know a liverpudlian one on Emirates who sounds like a radio being tuned when she speaks. She cannot speak any foreign languages.

Last edited by Millhouse; May 11th 2013 at 6:02 pm.
Old May 11th 2013, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

holly321 is an unknown quantity at this point

I only work part time, cant find a full time job, so it will take forever to save up enough money to go travelling.

So in abudhabi I could earn tax free money, live rent free at my friends mums apartment. So if I can find a job id be a lot better off over there. Haven't got anything to lose to be honest

Plus don't fancy another English summer ha! Just gonna bite the bullet and book our flights for the end of the month.
Old May 11th 2013, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

I only work part time, cant find a full time job, so it will take forever to save up enough money to go travelling.

So in abudhabi I could earn tax free money, live rent free at my friends mums apartment. So if I can find a job id be a lot better off over there. Haven't got anything to lose to be honest

Plus don't fancy another English summer ha! Just gonna bite the bullet and book our flights for the end of the month.
nope you cannot live at your friends mums apartment, as unless you are close family members its not allowed.

if you want to be tax free then you have to be non resident for 1 tax year, and so as we are already 1 month into a new tax year it will have to be nearly 2 now.

english summer, hmmm do you know that its gets to over 50 degrees here in the summer?

also you need a visa to live here, and if you dont have a job, you will have to do the visa run, which works out a few hundred a month to renew it by visiting oman each month
Old May 12th 2013, 4:10 am
N/A

Originally Posted by Ethos83
What no one else seems to have cued in on is that you're looking for a six month contract before heading onwards to SE Asia.

It's not going to be easy to find a short term position as companies don't want to go through all the hoops and expense of getting you a visa only to have you leave six months later.
If your goal is to party it in SE Asia why not just stay in the UK for the six months you'd earmarked for the UAE?
This is true if you need your own visa. If you are here on someone elses visa you can work via labour card and through admin agencies there are plenty of temp jobs. Most are low paid, but not all.
Old May 12th 2013, 11:07 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

The OP won't be on anyone's visa so it's a moot point.

Originally Posted by Dumbo
This is true if you need your own visa. If you are here on someone elses visa you can work via labour card and through admin agencies there are plenty of temp jobs. Most are low paid, but not all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.