Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Some advice on a salary package in Abu Dhabi please?

Some advice on a salary package in Abu Dhabi please?

Old Sep 16th 2011, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Rolandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some advice on a salary package in Abu Dhabi please?

Hello

I am a Business Studies teacher with one year experience and have QTS status.

I have been offered a job in Abu Dhabi for 10,000 AED with accommodation and utility bills paid for and health insurance.

Does this seem like a good deal?

Thank you!

Old Sep 16th 2011, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some advice on a salary package in Abu Dhabi please?

Originally Posted by Rolandy
Hello

I have been offered a job in Abu Dhabi for 10,000 AED with accommodation and utility bills paid for and health insurance.

Thank you!

If you are single with no commitments then I am sure you can manage on the equivalent of 1600gps a month
and...welcome to the bored
Old Sep 18th 2011, 9:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Hello

Thank you!

You won't get better.

Most places won't look at teachers with less than 2 years...that being said, my mrs with PGCE and 1 yr got a job out here.

Your money / offer is bob on what I'd expect.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

scot-ish has a spectacular aura aboutscot-ish has a spectacular aura aboutscot-ish has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Scamp
You won't get better.

Most places won't look at teachers with less than 2 years...that being said, my mrs with PGCE and 1 yr got a job out here.

Your money / offer is bob on what I'd expect.
same here, my missus is out with PGCE and 1 year, and is on around 11000 AED p/m with accomodation and bills covered.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Rolandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot-ish
same here, my missus is out with PGCE and 1 year, and is on around 11000 AED p/m with accomodation and bills covered.
Yes I see. Thank you for the feedback!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:12 am
Just Joined

weelassie10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Thank you!

When is the job start date? If its as soon as then this generally means they have been let down by someone else and need to fill the post quickly.

I'd go back and ask for more, say something about the contribution you will make to the school out with the classroom blah blah. and see what you get!

Abu Dhbai is an expensive place to live, hence why they pay for your accommodation.

Ask and see what you get! Worse they'll say is no!

Good luck!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

is it just me that finds it a bit disconcerting that a Business Studies teacher asks for salary advice on an internet forum ?

sounds awful to me btw, but I failed all my exams
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

scot-ish has a spectacular aura aboutscot-ish has a spectacular aura aboutscot-ish has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sandboy
is it just me that finds it a bit disconcerting that a Business Studies teacher asks for salary advice on an internet forum ?

sounds awful to me btw, but I failed all my exams
nope- they are maybe asking from the point of view of living costs, which differ everywhere, and they might be interested in the going rate around that sort of area?
its easy to "study" a place and get an idea of living costs, but there is nothing better than asking for the opinion of people who are already dealing with it, and can let you know about all the 'hidden' costs.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

mandm65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Thank you!

Thats does not sound a lot to me, it seems that teachers in Saudi gets much better package!
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

jdgummi7 is an unknown quantity at this point

true, but you would expect for any job to get paid more in Saudi than in UAE... otherwise why go there?