British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   SNR Architect and structural engineer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/snr-architect-structural-engineer-593862/)

Jammy_Dodgers Feb 25th 2009 6:33 am

SNR Architect and structural engineer

Guys,
Yet again, I know this is not a board for advertising jobs, and i do have this role posted elsewhere, However, Im posting this role here for a few justifiable reasons.

1. Im looking for people in Region.
2. I want to help people already here.
3. need people with local experience.
4. I DO NOT work for a recruitment agency...these are people i need for my company.

Anyway,
I need and Architect/QS/Structural Engineer for the design phase of a new building (Datacentre).
Whether its one person that can do all this or 3 different people.

Failing that, I need someone that can run the entire project.

Slingshot Feb 25th 2009 8:20 am

Re: SNR Architect and structural engineer

I know plenty of very good people that have lost their jobs recently and would be very interested
Can you send me a private message with more details including salary, lcation (is it Dubai?) and then I can work out the best ones to put in touch with you
Thanks

Blue Cat Feb 25th 2009 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers (Post 7320634)
Guys,
Yet again, I know this is not a board for advertising jobs, and i do have this role posted elsewhere, However, Im posting this role here for a few justifiable reasons.

4. I DO NOT work for a recruitment agency...these are people i need for my company.

Anyway,
I need and Architect/QS/Structural Engineer for the design phase of a new building (Datacentre).

personally I prefer to see posts of this nature than ones full of incessant flirty and rubbish :) Glad to see the business is doing well Jammy :)

banter64 Feb 25th 2009 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Slingshot (Post 7320868)
I know plenty of very good people that have lost their jobs recently and would be very interested
Can you send me a private message with more details including salary, lcation (is it Dubai?) and then I can work out the best ones to put in touch with you
Thanks

Ditto JD we have jsut laid off a great deal of people if you send me a Job description I can match someone for you and send you their contact details

MataHari Feb 25th 2009 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7321077)
personally I prefer to see posts of this nature than ones full of incessant flirty and rubbish :)

hahahaha...that did make me laugh...
there is a place for everything here one BE...that's why there are different sections, one for more serious and informative threads, and the Sandpit for the rest....if the board would just contain 'posts of this nature' it would die down fairly soon....

Blue Cat Feb 25th 2009 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7321626)
hahahaha...that did make me laugh...
there is a place for everything here one BE...that's why there are different sections, one for more serious and informative threads, and the Sandpit for the rest....if the board would just contain 'posts of this nature' it would die down fairly soon....

I agree! opening the Sandpit was a good move :thumbup:

Madam Medusa Feb 26th 2009 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7321077)
personally I prefer to see posts of this nature than ones full of incessant flirty and rubbish :) Glad to see the business is doing well Jammy :)

awww come on blue cat, the only thing near to flirting round here at the moment is you trying it on with W10, lol...

MM, xx

commander Feb 26th 2009 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7323874)
awww come on blue cat, the only thing near to flirting round here at the moment is you trying it on with W10, lol...

MM, xx

or spugsy...

Roadking Feb 26th 2009 4:07 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7324006)
or spugsy...

Spugsy trying it on with W10...eeeuuuw! That's just wrong.

:)

Slingshot Feb 26th 2009 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers (Post 7320634)
Guys,

Anyway,

these job threads are proving popular

you will probably need 2 or 3 of those but depends on the project and what stage you are at at the moment

Blue Cat Feb 26th 2009 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7323874)

MM, xx

what can a girl do, he keeps poking me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jammy_Dodgers Feb 26th 2009 10:35 am

Right,... any SENIOR architect designers want a project, easy cash?

Need someone to respond to an RFP for the design phase of a project (no physical build,...just the design components.

We will be paying $1000 per day on award of this project (6-8 month duration.)

The 1st phase is to generate the Statement of Work (from any location)

The 2nd phase is UK based, and we can pay offshore/ tax free

More details:

Contract Administration.
A. Site Design: including site master plan, on-site utility systems, off-site utility works, parking areas, service utility tunnels/trenches and interconnectivity, to existing and proposed buildings, pedestrian lanes and ramps with shade structures, fire protection and security systems, drainage system, building orientation, site access gates and roadways, land forms, landscaping, vehicular, pedestrian and service traffic impact analysis, topographical surveys and other related environmental determinates.

B. Architectural Design: including space programming and planning, Faculty floor plan roof layouts, room data sheets, furniture and equipment layouts, building forms and exteriors, selection of building systems, components and materials, life safety layouts.

C. Interior Design: including formulation and development of flexible, modular interior design master plan standards for the project and also applicable to the rest of the existing facility, selection of interior finishes, materials and furnishings, colour schemes, artwork, signage and graphics way-finding systems and lighting design.

D. Structural Design: including materials and structural system, alternative structural systems with consideration studies, site civil engineering works.

E. Mechanical Design: including heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, fire protection and suppression, plumbing and sanitary systems, BMS, medical gases networks.

F. Electrical Design: including power distribution systems, auxiliary power systems, switch gear, generators, lighting, fire detection and signalling systems, data and communication networks, monitoring, access control systems

G. Other Design Services: including acoustics (sound control),traffic engineering.

H. Cost Estimates and Bill of Quantities

I. Technical specifications for all sections of the work: utilizing standard master specification system setting forth in detail all requirements for the construction, fully coordinated with the drawings and other contract documents.

J. Presentations and Review Submissions: including scaled models, coloured exterior/interior perspectives, computer animations, virtual walkthroughs, material sample boards, presentation and working drawings and other related contract documentation.

K. Bid Evaluation: and construction tender analysis, including responding to bidders questions and clarifications.

MacScot Feb 26th 2009 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers (Post 7324803)
on award of this project...

Does this mean it is only a proposal at this stage? :confused:

Jammy_Dodgers Feb 26th 2009 10:48 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7324825)
Does this mean it is only a proposal at this stage? :confused:

Correct.
Although it is pretty much a foregone conclusion it is ours.

Slingshot Feb 26th 2009 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers (Post 7324854)
Correct.
Although it is pretty much a foregone conclusion it is ours.

what's the submission deadline?