Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Construction EHS Manager seeking new project

Construction EHS Manager seeking new project

Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:14 am
Just Joined

Safety Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Construction EHS Manager seeking new project

Hello to all British Expats out there,

I am a Construction safety manager needing to find a new project asap due to redundancy in Dubai. I have over 20 years construction safety experience with a NEBOSH qualification and part BSc in safety management.

Project experience ranges from small scale residential to major civils, infrastructure and residential.

I shall consider working anywhere in the world.

References and NOC also available on request.

Thanks and regards,

Gary
Old Feb 25th 2009, 3:50 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Construction EHS Manager seeking new project

Is this site becoming a recruitment portal for all those laid off now? Maybe we should have a single thread for all these noob's..............
Old Feb 25th 2009, 3:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Is this site becoming a recruitment portal for all those laid off now? Maybe we should have a single thread for all these noob's..............
desperate times for alot of people
Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:31 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
desperate times for alot of people
Yeah, but I wouldnt use my contacts to actively promote someone for a job I knew about, or put someone I didnt know forward to a contact without knowing the person...

PS. BC, glad to hear Atilla got something sorted out, even if he is a Weegie scum supporter!!!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:39 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you looked at Jammy_Dodger's thread which is a few threads below this one? It says that he is recruiting HSE people for a project, but apologies if this is not something for you.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:41 am
Account Closed

Yeah, but I wouldnt use my contacts to actively promote someone for a job I knew about, or put someone I didnt know forward to a contact without knowing the person...

PS. BC, glad to hear Atilla got something sorted out, even if he is a Weegie scum supporter!!!
That's why you ask people to send you their CV and meet up for a coffee duh!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:44 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
That's why you ask people to send you their CV and meet up for a coffee duh!
Frankly, EE, it sounds like a very opportunistic dating method........
Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:54 am
Account Closed

Frankly, EE, it sounds like a very opportunistic dating method........
Sounds like you speak from experience. It's called networking and making contacts in a business context. Ever heard of it?
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:02 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Sounds like you speak from experience. It's called networking and making contacts in a business context. Ever heard of it?
I don't talk from experience. TBH, if I were in Norm's or Meow's type of job (which I was a number of years ago), I can see the benefits. However, I am here to work, rest and play, as the advert goes, and would far rather spend my free time with friends and colleagues, enjoying myself and relaxing, rather than filling my free time meeting complete strangers with the sole view of either furthering my own or my companies interests...
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:05 am
Account Closed

I don't talk from experience. TBH, if I were in Norm's or Meow's type of job (which I was a number of years ago), I can see the benefits. However, I am here to work, rest and play, as the advert goes, and would far rather spend my free time with friends and colleagues, enjoying myself and relaxing, rather than filling my free time meeting complete strangers with the sole view of either furthering my own or my companies interests...
Thanks for the info

By the way I thought you were questioning why people like SM, who have been made redundant, feel the need to post a thread on BE? Not why you, somebody in a job, doesn't?! Unless I'm mistaken...

Last edited by Emerald_Eyes; Feb 25th 2009 at 5:18 am.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Safety Man is an unknown quantity at this point

TGFKASE,

I hope you never find yourself in the same position mate! However, if you did and like me you have a family to support then you would try anyway you can to find another position fast.

If you do not have anything that may be helpful to me then don't bother posting your ill advised comments on my thread.

You remind me of an "I'm all right jack" smug individual. I may possibly be wrong but your comments are not helpful to me, so stay away.

Thanks to everyone else who has made a valued contribution so far, its much appreciated.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:39 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Safety Man
TGFKASE,

I hope you never find yourself in the same position mate! However, if you did and like me you have a family to support then you would try anyway you can to find another position fast.

If you do not have anything that may be helpful to me then don't bother posting your ill advised comments on my thread.

You remind me of an "I'm all right jack" smug individual. I may possibly be wrong but your comments are not helpful to me, so stay away.

Thanks to everyone else who has made a valued contribution so far, its much appreciated.

IF you hadnt noticed, this is a public forum. If you arent prepared to hear both sides of a POV, then I suggest you post elsewhere...

This is not a job hunting site. My POV is that, if people want to come on here for the first time in however many years they have lived here, asking for help from complete strangers, then can we at least put you all on the same thread.. That way, all leechs and lurkers can hang out together... That is all...

The comments were not meant to be helpful to you, as it is not the sole purpose of this site.

So, can I suggest you quit with the me, me, me bullshit.

F**k me, its like Auf Wiedersen, Pet in here lately... "Gies a job.....'

Last edited by TGFKASE; Feb 25th 2009 at 5:45 am.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:03 am
Account Closed

IF you hadnt noticed, this is a public forum. If you arent prepared to hear both sides of a POV, then I suggest you post elsewhere...

This is not a job hunting site. My POV is that, if people want to come on here for the first time in however many years they have lived here, asking for help from complete strangers, then can we at least put you all on the same thread.. That way, all leechs and lurkers can hang out together... That is all...

The comments were not meant to be helpful to you, as it is not the sole purpose of this site.

So, can I suggest you quit with the me, me, me bullshit.

F**k me, its like Auf Wiedersen, Pet in here lately... "Gies a job.....'
Actually quite a few people have found jobs off this site. As SM says, when you desperately need a job to support you and your family you will do anything. So why don't you shut up and bear with it, because if you're made redundant anytime soon its unlikely you will receive support and help with an attitude like that. Now go back to your bubble.

Oh yeah, and didn't you know, the purpose of this site IS to help people?!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:12 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Actually quite a few people have found jobs off this site. As SM says, when you desperately need a job to support you and your family you will do anything. So why don't you shut up and bear with it, because if you're made redundant anytime soon its unlikely you will receive support and help with an attitude like that. Now go back to your bubble.

Oh yeah, and didn't you know, the purpose of this site IS to help people?!
I have no problems with people who are regular contributors to the site (BC, JD etc) doing just that. We know them, they have assisted people in the past..

You reap what you sow, in my opinion...
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:21 am
Account Closed

I have no problems with people who are regular contributors to the site (BC, JD etc) doing just that. We know them, they have assisted people in the past..

You reap what you sow, in my opinion...
What a completely irrelevant statement. What has that got to do with SM asking for help on a public board? You appear to be changing your tune with every post. First you're annoyed with redundant people posting on the board, then you say that you only help regular posters. So how do new people become regular posters when somebody chooses to mock instead of help them? And therefore how can newbies reap what they sow, when they haven't sowed anything yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.