Sidra Hospital in Doha

Old Jul 23rd 2013, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

shans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sidra Hospital,Qatar

Hi,
Does anyone know when is the official opening for Sidra Hospital and what stage is the construction now at?Please

Thanks

shan
Old Jul 24th 2013, 9:16 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sidra Hospital,Qatar

I can tell you they are staffing it at present.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Salzburg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sidra Hospital in Doha

Hi everyone,

I'm new to BE, and hope someone might be able to help. I am being flown with my wife and 2 kids to Doha on Friday for a 5 day site visit and interview to Sidra Hospital in Doha. I am a senior clinician and hospital director by profession currently in the USA. The expat package looks amazing, but I am wondering what salary I would need to live comfortably? Does Sidra have a reputation of paying well?
They are offering housing, either on site for free or an allowance towards a villa-I rather like west bay lagoon. Schooling is paid for for the kids and a guaranteed spot at the Qatar Academy Sidra School. Is that school any good??

The hospital won't officially open until March 2015 so there is a lot to do to prepare for opening, but I'm wondering if anyone else works there? What have people heard of Sidra?

I have read many of the Qatar posts on here, but does anyone have a pearl of wisdom to share on living in Qatar? Things to do, avoid, be prepaid for, wished they'd knew before coming?

Thanks very much in advance everyone!!
Old Mar 26th 2014, 5:22 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sidra Hospital in Doha

If you are in Qatar for five days make time to look at the housing they have to offer. I have heard from several people that the new accommodation they have been putting up near Sidra is quite good - quality materials, well equipped and nice public spaces.

I have had different views on Qatar Academy. Some people say the facilities are great and others have taken their kids out and put them in British or American schools because the teaching wasn't great. Also comments on disruption from some pupils who don't really want or need to be there. It might depend on the age of your kids. The older they are the more important this will be.

In your five days get out and about as much as possible. You will probably be able to see all the main tourist stuff in a few days so use the others to get a sense of what living here is like. Travel in both rush hours, go around the supermarket, look for the items you would buy back in the US and see how easy or hard it is to get them here. Look at the social side of things and see what there is for you to do if you moved here. This has been the hardest thing for us to get used to because you really have to go out to find things to do, they will not just fall in your lap. I have 16 year old daughter who doesn't really like it here as the social side of things are difficult for her so she is going back to the UK to finish her education and cant wait.
Old May 26th 2014, 6:39 am
Just Joined

gasman64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is Sidra Hospital open and fully functional yet? Does anyone know what services is offers?

Cheers.
Old May 26th 2014, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Getridofglazer is an unknown quantity at this point

http://sidra.org/patient-care/

I did hear that it maybe operational early 2016
Old Sep 8th 2014, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

cakirk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi salzburg, i am a uk nurse just in the very early stages of trying to be employed by sidre, i am wondering how you have got on. what are the accomodations like for staff ect.
thanks in advance cath x
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:52 am
Just Joined

mini-thumper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cath
Generally the packages offered by Sidra are better than most. The housing for clinicians is obviously better than the rank-and-file, but even the housing for those further down the ladder (me!) is very good and well serviced. That is not always the case with some 'private landlords'. At this stage you won't be expected to share and similar accommodation at home would certainly be out of my price range. What most people seem to forget - especially those moaning about the seaview they expected but didn't get - is that it is FREE and you pay NO utility bills.

I have been here for two years and have generally found the experience to be VERY positive. Just remember it is not the Western World, things are different here, if they weren't you might as well stay at home!

Good Luck
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Hi minni thumper, would you Be able to sendo me some Pics of apartments for single people. I am married but coming over alone by joint agreement lol. Have you got anymore info such as shift patterns for nurses. Best places to shop cheeply. Dress code, ect. Anything you think i May need to know lol . Thankyou in advance. Cath x
Old Sep 9th 2014, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

mini-thumper is an unknown quantity at this point

cakirk just PMed you a reply

MT
Old Sep 10th 2014, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute

I live in the Qatar Foundation Compound, 5 minutes drive from the new Sidra Hospital. I like it very much. Maybe you will be offered a villa here. The compound is a great place but far from everything, apart from being close to job and Qatar Academy. Anyway, the local clubhouse and the sport facilities of Education City are very good.

I can't say how is the school because my daughter is in ACS school, quite close. If you are american you could try to apply to the American School of Doha, which has a great facility (I don't know about the teaching) but is not so close to our place (about 30 minutes drive)

good luck

Originally Posted by Salzburg
Hi everyone,

I'm new to BE, and hope someone might be able to help. I am being flown with my wife and 2 kids to Doha on Friday for a 5 day site visit and interview to Sidra Hospital in Doha. I am a senior clinician and hospital director by profession currently in the USA. The expat package looks amazing, but I am wondering what salary I would need to live comfortably? Does Sidra have a reputation of paying well?
They are offering housing, either on site for free or an allowance towards a villa-I rather like west bay lagoon. Schooling is paid for for the kids and a guaranteed spot at the Qatar Academy Sidra School. Is that school any good??

The hospital won't officially open until March 2015 so there is a lot to do to prepare for opening, but I'm wondering if anyone else works there? What have people heard of Sidra?

I have read many of the Qatar posts on here, but does anyone have a pearl of wisdom to share on living in Qatar? Things to do, avoid, be prepaid for, wished they'd knew before coming?

Thanks very much in advance everyone!!
Old Sep 12th 2014, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi I had my telephone interview a few days ago and have been shortlisted for a skype interview, just waiting for details. I was told if successful, they would be looking at me going out next march, which is ideal for me. Has anyone got advice on the skype interview ?.
thanx in advance cath x
Old Sep 15th 2014, 8:52 am
Just Joined

FingFang is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in similar situation - also looking for advice / experience of skype interview.

Good luck cakirk with yours
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Solwaygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been thru the process, submitted all my paperwork and just waiting for references. Agency have told me they will not be mobilising before the start of next year. I'm from Scotland and going as a midwife(clinical nurse lead in low risk birth unit) - eventually! Really excited , hope it all goes to plan. I'm at the stage I can't quite believe it will happen as I started the process in March!
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

FingFang is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations! I bet you're really excited!

How long did it take for you to hear about a skype interview after your telephone interview?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.