Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Market allowance significance in Qatar salaried jobs for physicians.

Market allowance significance in Qatar salaried jobs for physicians.

Old Feb 7th 2018, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

sarfraz151 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Market allowance significance in Qatar salaried jobs for physicians.

Hi Everyone I am a physician in the US and wanted to move to Qatar at HMC. I am in the process of their offer acceptance for my job at HMC. After they sent their initial offer which I declined, they sent me another offer with slightly increased take home package. The market allowance initially was 50% of my basic salary but now in the 2nd offer although tha take home salary is more but they reduced the market allowance to 30% and added all the additional money in to special allowance. I just wanted to know that what is the significance of reducing market allowance for me. Your response is highly appreciated.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 9:10 am
Just Joined

VajizzWhole is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Market allowance significance in Qatar salaried jobs for physicians.

Without knowing the full details, the reason to reduce your market allowance I would suspect is to reduce your end-of-service payout. In Qatar you will be entitled to 1-month of salary for every year working here when you leave.

Check the terms of your contract to check that the 1-month salary payment will be on your market allowance rather than your "extras" (which is what I gather you mean by special allowance).

Additionally, also read the contract to make sure that when you take annual leave you are also paid your full salary while on leave, rather than just your "market allowance" as some employers tend to do this as well! However, I am not in the medical field so would not know the practice of hospitals here in Qatar.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

sarfraz151 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Market allowance significance in Qatar salaried jobs for physicians.

Thank so much VajizzWhole for your valuable opinion. I also suspected the same that they are somehow trying to reduce it for end of service benefits.