Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Unethical Employer behaviour

Unethical Employer behaviour

Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:31 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unethical Employer behaviour

The wife got called into her employer today to get her severage package.

So far they have not paid her for two months BEFORE she lost her job.

From what we believe they also owe her:
  • 3 years gratuity
  • 3 years worth of untaken and unpaid flight
  • maternity payments
  • holiday entitlement
  • 1 months notice
  • potential compensation for unfair dismissal

She goes to meet the boss.....they offer her 17k dhs.....take it or leave it..

She obviously laughed at the offer, and was told ..."fine spend all your savings on a lawyer..see if we care"

nice eh??
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:37 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unethical Employer behaviour

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
The wife got called into her employer today to get her severage package.

So far they have not paid her for two months BEFORE she lost her job.

From what we believe they also owe her:
  • 3 years gratuity
  • 3 years worth of untaken and unpaid flight
  • maternity payments
  • holiday entitlement
  • 1 months notice
  • potential compensation for unfair dismissal

She goes to meet the boss.....they offer her 17k dhs.....take it or leave it..

She obviously laughed at the offer, and was told ..."fine spend all your savings on a lawyer..see if we care"

nice eh??
I hope you get sorted fella, they seem like a bunch of real twats, and the thing is, judging by stories on here it isn't uncommon how badly staff get treated.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 1:35 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

on the other hand, I wonder what kind of leverage she commands, seeing as she's a realtively high-profile television presenter - I say "high-profile", but you know what I mean... she sounds a memorable kids presenter and people would be interested in her story.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 1:39 pm
Good things take time

saddam will become famous soon enoughsaddam will become famous soon enough

Easy, just mention the magic words - MoL (ministry of Labour or free zone authority)
No lawyer required , and their action is fantastic and swift = same day
I suggest to email, letter, fax company of your intention and you’ll see the positive outcome..
Old Feb 19th 2009, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I hope you get sorted fella, they seem like a bunch of real twats, and the thing is, judging by stories on here it isn't uncommon how badly staff get treated.
Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
on the other hand, I wonder what kind of leverage she commands, seeing as she's a realtively high-profile television presenter - I say "high-profile", but you know what I mean... she sounds a memorable kids presenter and people would be interested in her story.
While it may be true that they are being bastards, it's a two way street; that station has been in financial difficulty since more than 3 months now and that has been reported in many news agencies websites...So, if they don't have the money, how would someone expect to be paid???
Old Feb 19th 2009, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saddam
Easy, just mention the magic words - MoL (ministry of Labour or free zone authority)
No lawyer required , and their action is fantastic and swift = same day
I suggest to email, letter, fax company of your intention and you’ll see the positive outcome..
The volume of victims is getting a lot for the Ministry to handle...But then again, JD has received a PM from someone with connections...
Old Feb 19th 2009, 1:51 pm
Good things take time

saddam will become famous soon enoughsaddam will become famous soon enough

Good staff, and agree with you conf.
We shouldn’t accept this kind of bullying…it is happened to some –including me- and some one has to stop it, even the result might not be satisfactory but at lease we try- so they know
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:44 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Labour Court, it's free JD
Old Feb 20th 2009, 1:53 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Sod em JD, just concentrate on Mrs JD and baba.

Nothing else is important..

I would take the 17K, and put it firmly behind.

Good luck
Old Feb 20th 2009, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by commander
Sod em JD, just concentrate on Mrs JD and baba.

Nothing else is important..

I would take the 17K, and put it firmly behind.

Good luck
That's very good advice.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:21 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

From reading this sounds like your missus is best off out of there...

http://www.xpress4me.com/news/uae/dubai/20012006.html
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:55 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
From reading this sounds like your missus is best off out of there...
http://www.xpress4me.com/news/uae/dubai/20012006.html
As the other dismissed presenters are all high profile too and presumably in the same boat, why not club together? A joint approach, possibly with support from a lawyer, might well produce an improved offer. Go for AED50,000 for Kristy...take it or go to Court. See what happens.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
That's very good advice.
No.................

17k is peanuts - you've nothing to lose (apart from peanuts) by going for their collective jugular...............

Rip their lungs out. Be the one who refused to 'just take it or leave it'.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

They're shameless - it is not as if they have no money. It is supposedly a big group of companies after all... but it will be a long and lengthy battle. Only you know whether it is worth the effort especially with the little one on the way?

Good luck and best wishes!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:25 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Normally dean, I'd agree but she is heavily pregnant and the hassle and stress (combined with the fact that employers can make life very very difficult for people if they wish. I.e residency status etc) for me makes it not worth it.

Put all the energy into baby and mums well being.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.