Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Senior Technology Position in IT

Senior Technology Position in IT

Old Sep 23rd 2018, 9:30 am
Just Joined

furiouskraken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Senior Technology Position in IT

Originally Posted by Britchick42

Hi, I’m not sure if this is helpful or not because things have changed somewhat and packages are said to be quite different now . We moved to Abu Dhabi in 2008 we stayed 5 years and had three children . My Husbands position was group head of IT for the Middle East and Asia . At the time his package was 24k AED per month , great health insurance for all 5 of us . Full schooling for 3 children for upto around 51k per year . A flight home each per year and 24k per month housing. It was considered a good package but housing was through the roof then compared to how it is now . The company under went mergers etc and over time they scaled the allowances down.
We are contemplating going back and have noticed quite a shift in wages and benefits . My kids loved their life there .
I hope that things work out the way you want them to .
Thanks. There's still no response. Considering all the replies, i am now contemplating if moving to Dubai is a good idea or not. As one of the previous comments indicated that it's not the same as it was 10 years ago in IT.

Still waiting for a response. Apparently, this is normal, i.e. the delays.

Last edited by furiouskraken; Sep 23rd 2018 at 9:32 am.