Just Joined

raceytherunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi Help reqd

I've been told it's like the Boro so I'll be ok if I get a job :-0
Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Howie1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol i just meant it might be easier if you had a wife etc over there.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

raceytherunner is an unknown quantity at this point

Howie

How would a wife stop it being a shithole ??......HeHe !!

I already live in a Shithole full of eastern european's. So Saudi sounds like the better option.

Smoggie's on Tour !!
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Stu13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any update on Al Jude 2? I am waiting for my visa to come out as a Maintenance trainer with Sadara and been told that is where we will be housed.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

m4444 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have accepted for Sadara. Previously worked for Aramco for over 20 years mostly at Ras Tanura.
It seems there are two offers going on here, Sadara and Aramco.
It also depsnds if you are working direct for Sadara, Aramco or one of the contractors. Of which there are many.
Haka, Al Hoty, ETS, JAL International etc.............
There are benefits working direct. Especially for Aramco.
Old Jan 9th 2014, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Dave15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys
I'm going for the industrial trainer job interview in London in February for Aramco. I heard they were better to work for than Sadara but not sure now. Any thoughts? I was at their recruitment fair in Grangemouth in November. Are you guys leaving that great bastion of an employer in Grangemouth that screwed us all over? If so I hope to be jumping ship soon. Am I right in thinking aramco will offer more for a trainer than operator. I would prefer to be an operator as I'm more comfortable in that role

Last edited by Dave15; Jan 9th 2014 at 4:58 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2014, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Aramco and Sadara offers are pretty similar. Aramco will offer a better basic package and Sadara will offer more bonus oriented, presume this is an American Dow influence.

Offer will not be much difference between a console operator and trainer, offers are normally based on what you are on now plus a percentage.

Yes I am currently working for the fantastic employer in Grangemouth to support some ones 130 million pound super yacht ;-)
Old Jan 9th 2014, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Times are tough he doesnt earn enuf to pay UK tax..........lol if you cant beat em
Old Jan 10th 2014, 7:33 am
Just Joined

The industrial skills trainers are just that.
You will be based at one of their Job Skills Training Centres, Ras Tanura, Dhahran, Abqaiq, Udhailiyah, Yanbu, Riyadh.
Classroom and workshop training, 6 contact periods a day, 5 days a week.
Working form developed curriculum and tests. Objective based training.
Could be starting as a grade 11 or 12.
The camps at any of these are very good.
I would not hesitate recommending anyone to work for Aramco.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 7:44 am
Just Joined

The good thing about working for Aramco is that they are an institution. What I mean they take care of their people very well.
You must look into the conditions of course, but vastly different than working for a contractor doing the same job.
The medical is first class, not many oil companies have their own hospital. Aramco does and a very good one. They did in fact save my life on one occasion. We all think we will live forever but it is very comforting hat if something does go wrong there is a someone there to take care of it. Outside medical cannot match this in Saudi.
Also you will live on one of their compounds. Compound is not accurate they are like small villages with all amenities. Gold course, swimming pool, tennis courts etc... etc..... Remember, when work finishes you must have some social. PM me for more details.
Accommodation is very much subsidised and of a high standard. When I left I had a 3 bed villa on the beach, 1500 SR a month, all utilities and maintenance included.
YOu will get the money for your sir tickets which more than cover the cost.
They will arrange a visit for your family if required and sort out all the visas, and believe me when they come over they will not want to go home.
If you stay long enough there is always a chance of marital status. There are primary schools on every camp add if you stay that long they will pay most of the course for private secondary school.

I have rambled on enough, look into everything lads before you make the decision and think long term.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 10:19 am
Just Joined

OperAL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by m4444
The industrial skills trainers are just that.
You will be based at one of their Job Skills Training Centres, Ras Tanura, Dhahran, Abqaiq, Udhailiyah, Yanbu, Riyadh.
Classroom and workshop training, 6 contact periods a day, 5 days a week.
Working form developed curriculum and tests. Objective based training.
Could be starting as a grade 11 or 12.
I was under the impression that trainer positions were exclusively contract staff. Is that not the case? I remember seeing all the Sadara adverts for various Operating and Maintenance jobs but not for any trainers - they were all through contract companies.

Anybody know what the chances might be of getting taken on direct by Sadara/Aramco whilst out there as an Operator trainer based in Ras Tanura? Presumably you'd have to complete the initial contract term you signed up for to keep the contract company happy but after that I mean...
Old Jan 10th 2014, 10:25 am
Just Joined

As far as I'm aware I will be employed directly by Aramco. I will be clarifying that at my interview and let you know. I'm not sure about the status of finishing your original contract first but I reckon to show you are trustworthy you would have to?
Old Jan 10th 2014, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Aramco did change to all contractor staff, however due to the demand they might be hiring direct. I really do not know.
All I am saying is that there is a difference and given the choice I would advise thinking carefully about it.
If you start with a contractor then it is difficult to change to Aramco, I am not saying impossible, but very difficult.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Yes got a mate out there working for one of the subcontract companies that seems to be being blocked from applying for a Sadara job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.