Saudi Help reqd

Old Oct 16th 2013, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

returnofthejedi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Help reqd

Hi all,

Hoping some of you kind folk could offer some assistance / guidance as it seems every site I click on gives differing info!!

I've recently applied for a job in Saudi, its not a skilled job, e.g. engineering etc nor teaching and as such the role - in the UK anyway - doesn't require any form degree, HND etc, just experience and lots of!

It appears (according to the employment agency....) is that I am in pole position, however, what visa would I need and what are the requirements for obtaining it.

I keep seeing the need to provide copies of qualifications etc but as stated above, I don't have any....

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 16th 2013, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Help reqd

The employer is responsible for obtaining your work visa. You may be asked to submit your paperwork to the Saudi Embassy in order to get the visa, but the employer should have a visa available for the Embassy to actually issue. In most cases, the employer will use a UK based agent who will do the leg work around that , maybe even the employment agency, but things can be slow and at the moment, most government departments are closed in Saudi due to the Eid / Haj holidays.
Old Oct 17th 2013, 8:51 am
Just Joined

returnofthejedi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - thanks for the response. As far as I'm aware they do use a UK based agent, my only real concern is the lack of professional qualifications...... Do you think it will cause any problems. (The role doesn't necessitate having any)

Cheers
Old Oct 17th 2013, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Saudi is a little less demanding than the other Gulf countries regarding g qualifications. I don't have a degree but have professional qualifications. Like you say, it largely depends on the job role. If they haven't asked for one in the advert, then you should be okay to get the visa issued.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Howie1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it regarding an operators job with Oil Sadara, if so i can help. If you do get the job next weekend in Newcastle or via Skype then do not hand your notice into your work until you have your visa in front off you. Then hand in your notice. Do you have family or is it just you going out.

Just wondering aswell is your job on a sticky wicket in the UK
Old Oct 19th 2013, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Absolutely as Howie says- do not tender any resignation until the visa is in your passport.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Gtvscott is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just been offered a console ops position with Sadara, currently offshore UK.

Any info would be of great help as I am looking to move family over and believe the Sadara compound will not be finished till 2016. Is it possible to commute from Bahrain?
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

If you mean Al Jude 2 compound then its open the now just but still has a few hitches. Ive sent you a pm with my details.
I can help out with some stuff
Travelling from Bahrain would be about a 4 hour roundtrip then there is the border control aswell i think you would also need a multi entry exit visa but dont quote me on that
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Backinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gtvscott

Any info would be of great help as I am looking to move family over and believe the Sadara compound will not be finished till 2016. Is it possible to commute from Bahrain?
The Sadara project site is under construction, not sure whether there will be a residential compound as well or not.

The commute from Bahrain is possible, I do it daily and know loads of others that do as well. Whether Sadara Management would allow it is something you would have to check. I don't personally know anyone who works on/for Sadara who lives in Bahrain, though that's not to say there aren't.

As Howie1973 mentioned you will require a multiple entry visa and permission for the car to cross the Causeway. My commute takes me 1h30 - 1h40 in the morning door to door, including all of the passport and customs formalities, largely depends on what time you leave from Bahrain. In the evening it's generally about 1hr45 to 2h but again depends on what time you fly and the day of the week. Of course there are times when it can take a lot longer.

For families it is much better to live in Bahrain than in Jubail, big expat community for the wife to get involved with and she can drive in Bahrain whereas in Jubail would be in "jail" on the compound, plus in Bahrain there is a great choice of schools and clubs for the kids.

I lived in Khobar 10 years ago and were I forced to live in KSA again I would live there rather than Jubail.

Good luck
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Hi guys, the full details of workscope arte a little ambiguous at the moment. I will eventually be working shifts, but they have not told us what the pattern will be other than its 8 hours - like half a day for me as I currently work 12 hours.

The Sadara guy at the presentation was the one who suggested Bahrain as an option, but he also said there is a new compound either to be constructed or already under way modelled on the Aramco compound at Ras Tanura.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Its probably going to be best part of a year till I actually have to move family over due to the on the job training which will either be in the States or Germany I believe so I have plenty of time to get organised.
Had a quick look at property in Bahrain and it doesnt look too cheap lol.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

GTV Scott have you checked your mail or inbox

Did they say when they want you to start
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Will email you Howie I had to have 3 posts before I could read PM
Old Oct 26th 2013, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Bella1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi gtvscott and Howie, were you both at the interviews on the Sunday morning in Newcastle? I was there with my other half James, who was also offered the Console Operator job. Have you two been given start dates yet? We'll be living in the compound we think, had a look at Bahrain but cost + commute put us off. I like the idea of having the other families around on the compound too. :-) Would be good to hear from either of you. Sarah
Old Oct 27th 2013, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

i have an interview this week and no one knows start dates. Some are jan 1st etc but it will take upto 6 weeks to get your visa sorted out then upto 12 months training in either germany or states. you will be put in Al jude 2 compound eventually. Were are you from

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.