Saudi Arabia Business Visa

Old Oct 9th 2009, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Melem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi Arabia Business Visa

Hi all, I've been reading a bit here about different visa options for the Kingdom. My husband is considering a job in the Kingdom and myself and our toddler will move there with him. I read the response that the worst type of visa situation is where you exchange your passport for an iqama and have to apply for an exit visa through your company each time you leave the country. So, if this isn't the best way, what is the best visa situation when you move over there as a family? As I understand from your posts, the business visa is not appropriate for a family as it does not permit the wife and child into the country.
Also, are there usually any problems with having to rely on your company to arrange for your exit visa so you can leave the country? My husband's potential employee is a privately owned (by Saudis) Telecommunication company.
Thank you
Old Oct 9th 2009, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Danajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really nice

Hi - I dont have a business visa so can't comment too much about it - but I do think it has restrictions as you mentioned with family,etc. In regards to your question about exit visas - the company will sort this out for you - best bet is to get a multiple exit visa, which lasts for 6 months and allows you to leave as many times you want and whenever you like.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

A business visa is just that - to go and do business, not work, in KSA. Family cannot trail with it. Also cannot/very difficult to buy cars, arrange accommodation (as a business visitor will stay in a hotel), open bank account etc with a business visa.

If you are coming to KSA to live for any period of time, you need an iqama to function normally. There are stories of sponsors making it difficult for people to leave, but in general it should be OK, it's just the way they do things here.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 8:59 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I would give a different point of view as someone who is in the Kingdom on a business visa for 6 months while I wait for the company to be allocated a proper work visa for a Norwegian.

Most companies will rent the accommodation for you, so it really doesn't matter that you cannot be the tenant since you don't have an iqama. I've got a nice 2 bed villa, and my name is on the lease as the occupant of the property but the contract is with my company. This is fairly standard procedure (especially since they are paying the bills with my allowance anyway).

I have a rental car. Again my name is not on the lease, and the company is paying with my allowance.

I can't have a bank account, but it's not a problem since my company have confirmed that they will pay me part cash, part transferred into my UK account. As for tax, it doesn't matter which account it goes into as long as you've submitted a P85. Yes, I will have to pay tax on the interest, but current accounts normally pay in the region of 0% interest so that isn't really going to bankrupt me.

I have a prepaid mobile phone and a prepaid mobile broadband connection, but if I absolutely wanted a postpaid contract the company have offered to arrange one for me.

The only thing which is slightly annoying (other than not being able to bring your family) is having to carry around my passport all the time. Oh well, it could be worse...

Oh and an added benefit is I have to leave the country every 28 days to satisfy the visa rules, and yes, my company pays for me to go to the land of beer and bacon (bahrain).
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

namifesto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

I have a question regarding getting out of the magic kingdom. I'm holding a business visa and need to go back to my home country. Do I need an exit/re-entry visa? and at the airport immigration, do I need to present any form of documentation (or a consent from a saudi), other than my own passport?
Old Feb 15th 2010, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by namifesto
Hi folks,

I have a question regarding getting out of the magic kingdom. I'm holding a business visa and need to go back to my home country. Do I need an exit/re-entry visa? and at the airport immigration, do I need to present any form of documentation (or a consent from a saudi), other than my own passport?
don't believe you do. assuming it is a multiple entry otherwise you need to get a new visa. business visas usually have a max no of days you can stay in a single visit. trust you haven't overstayed
Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

namifesto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by saudiflares
don't believe you do. assuming it is a multiple entry otherwise you need to get a new visa. business visas usually have a max no of days you can stay in a single visit. trust you haven't overstayed
i'm on a single visit visa. somehow my employer managed to get my visa stamped to let me stay for 3 months without needing me to go out of the country. But the 90 days validity will end next month, so I plan to go back a 2 weeks earlier. So I need to be sure whether I can go out of the country without much fuss.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Hi Five is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi Arabia Business Visa - Can Family Join => Yes ?

Hi All.

I visited Saudi back in Dec-09, purpose was to spend 5 days (courtesy of employer) looking at schools and accomodation etc preparing to move to Riyadh on a work assignment.

I entered on a 60 day business visa, I was there just under 3 weeks (2 weeks were in my own time). So I didn't exceed a month's stay.

The point I want to make is that my wife and three children were also given Business Visa's and travelled with me to Riyadh. Employer was intially reluctant, but I insisted and it was organised.

If family can travel on 60 day business visa as I did, may be possible for longer term ?