Salary in Qatar?

Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

2kool is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salary in Qatar?

Hi

I'm a marketing manager in the UK with 8 years experience within the field of marketing (I hold a batchelors degree and a CIM qualification). I've got an interview coming up with a university in qatar and was wondering what sort of salary I should be negotiating.

I would be looking to move with my wife and two daughters to Doha. As part of the package medical insurance is free, they would pay for my two daughters schooling, accomodation would be provided (a villa with all utilities), Tickets to come back to the UK every year and a transportation allowance.

I'm currently on £36k in the UK and wanted to get some advice as to how much QR I should expect to earn in addition to the benefits.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Englishman in Dubai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Salary in Qatar?

This partly depends on the sector you are in. But I know a number of people in IT marketing earning in excess of $100k a year salary excluding the benefits you mention.

You mention a University - this is a good thing as on the whole they are particularly well funded in Qatar!