Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Salary Expectations As A PA In Qatar

Salary Expectations As A PA In Qatar

Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:20 am
Just Joined

Howie2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salary Expectations As A PA In Qatar

Hello People,

I wanted to know what are possible salary expectations in Qatar as a PA. Preferably Doha

Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary Expectations As A PA In Qatar

Originally Posted by Howie2012
Hello People,

I wanted to know what are possible salary expectations in Qatar as a PA. Preferably Doha

Thanks
Try the ME Job Discussions forum.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Hello People,

Thanks
Depends who and what for. I know a few here in Dubai. One is earning 25/30,000 a month and the other is more like 15,000.

Both Western working for Western companies.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 6:49 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

9-15 here depending on a few factors.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Hello People,

Thanks
Don't shoot the messenger... but the following will determine whether you get paid 1k a month or 25k a month:

1. Are you white?
2. What is your nationality?
3. Can you type (and how fast)?
4. Do you read, speak and write English fluently (and I mean fluently)?
5. As above, but for Arabic?
6. As above, but for other languages?
7. Do you have any experience?
8. Did you go to school? Which one? Where? For how long? Did you pass?
9. Do you have a degree?
10. Are you hot?

I am not saying the above is the right way of doing things, but it is what it is. And the above aren't necessarily in order of importance, depending on where you want to work / who is hiring (it may just be No.10).
Old Jan 8th 2013, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

BritGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
Don't shoot the messenger... but the following will determine whether you get paid 1k a month or 25k a month:

1. Are you white?
9. Do you have a degree?
10. Are you hot?

I am not saying the above is the right way of doing things, but it is what it is. And the above aren't necessarily in order of importance, depending on where you want to work / who is hiring (it may just be No.10).
I've actually seen a job advert for 'good looking female PA aged 20-25' the advert did not stipulate any academic requirements whatsoever
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:08 am
Just Joined

johnbritto473 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello People,

Thanks
Salaries in Qatar are more or less similar to that in western nations. But, given the lack of personal taxation, net income is usually higher, and this is one of the major attractions of working in Qatar. The average monthly salary in Qatar is around QR7,800 according to the findings reported by the Qatar Statistics Authority (QSA) during their Labour Force Sample Survey conducted in 2010.

<snipped the spammy looking link>

Last edited by Bob; Jan 8th 2013 at 12:43 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 1:04 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGeek
I've actually seen a job advert for 'good looking female PA aged 20-25' the advert did not stipulate any academic requirements whatsoever
I wish all HR depts were that candid.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Depends who and what for. I know a few here in Dubai. One is earning 25/30,000 a month and the other is more like 15,000.

Both Western working for Western companies.
For a 'proper' PA, yes - a secretary who does nothing more than a bit of clerical support would get 5,000-7,500....... or less.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011

1. Are you white?
9. Do you have a degree?
10. Are you hot?

Old Jan 9th 2013, 5:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by RyanC
Lad in the office got asked to find some sales people.

Ended up sat next to the GM looking at women on Linkedin that he had picked out because they were fit. ZERO useful experience but asked him to go and talk to them and get them in for interview.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:13 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Lad in the office got asked to find some sales people.

Ended up sat next to the GM looking at women on Linkedin that he had picked out because they were fit. ZERO useful experience but asked him to go and talk to them and get them in for interview.
Well, they do say that attractive people are more likely to get hired than unattractive ones. Must explain my success
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Well, they do say that attractive people are more likely to get hired than unattractive ones. Must explain my success
Absolutely right, can't hurt to be presentable can it?
Old Jan 9th 2013, 12:30 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You still looking for a new job?
Old Jan 9th 2013, 12:48 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by britexpat76
You still looking for a new job?
Piss off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.