Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Salary expectation Qatar for QS

Salary expectation Qatar for QS

Old Jun 6th 2011, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

unsureone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salary expectation Qatar for QS

Can anyone tell me what sort of salary I should be looking at for a Senior QS role in Qatar? Do they offer basic + housing/schools/flights etc? What is the best package to ask for.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Salary expectation Qatar for QS

Originally Posted by unsureone
Can anyone tell me what sort of salary I should be looking at for a Senior QS role in Qatar? Do they offer basic + housing/schools/flights etc? What is the best package to ask for.
Depends, contractor / consultant / subbie etc.

Loads of MENA experience will bump it up.

But realistically got to be looking all-in 30-40k roughly.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Depends, contractor / consultant / subbie etc.

Loads of MENA experience will bump it up.

But realistically got to be looking all-in 30-40k roughly.
For a Senior QS ! - that figure is shocking. Have wages really dropped that much?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by soukie
For a Senior QS ! - that figure is shocking. Have wages really dropped that much?
Depends and varies hugely, obviously i'm talking QAR/AED Per month
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Wow, that is low, even compared to Dubai standards. Was expecting way more! Can only ask for more and see what happens. Thanks for replies guys.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Senior Q.S in Qatar should be looking for a 35K+ QAR basic plus the usual Housing , schooling , bonus and expat benefits.

Obviously that figure will float depending on who you're working for , you'll get a higher end figure working for Q.P.M and Qatar Diar than working for say Ali Bin Flip Flop Construction.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that is low, even compared to Dubai standards. Was expecting way more! Can only ask for more and see what happens. Thanks for replies guys.
What are you worth ?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Senior Q.S in Qatar should be looking for a 35K+ QAR basic plus the usual Housing , schooling , bonus and expat benefits.

Obviously that figure will float depending on who you're working for , you'll get a higher end figure working for Q.P.M and Qatar Diar than working for say Ali Bin Flip Flop Construction.
35 BASE ++++ seems high to me.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

35 BASE ++++ seems high to me.
A very good friend of mine is working for Q.P.M as a Project Manager at Education City in Doha and he's on 38KQAR basic / 18K Housing / 54 days Annual leave amongst all the other perks plus he works from 7.30am to 2.30pm 5 days a week....

Nice work if you can get mate...That's a Governmental based Project Management Arm Company mind but there's still good deals to be had here in Qatar.

Not as good as 3 years ago though when people were getting 30-40% more for being here as they couldn't get anyone but there's still value out there if you want to come here , obviously that wont last long as the market has already started to correct itself accordingly.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:35 am
Account Closed

A very good friend of mine is working for Q.P.M as a Project Manager at Education City in Doha and he's on 38KQAR basic / 18K Housing / 54 days Annual leave amongst all the other perks plus he works from 7.30am to 2.30pm 5 days a week....

Nice work if you can get mate...That's a Governmental based Project Management Arm Company mind but there's still good deals to be had here in Qatar.

Not as good as 3 years ago though when people were getting 30-40% more for being here as they couldn't get anyone but there's still value out there if you want to come here , obviously that wont last long as the market has already started to correct itself accordingly.
Diar and QPM are different level stuff though...the contractors (who i work with, well, more sub-contractors) have adjusted their salaries sharply it seems. "We'll pay x, if they won't take it, find me someone not as good who will". Sometimes defies logic but such is.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Diar and QPM are different level stuff though...the contractors (who i work with, well, more sub-contractors) have adjusted their salaries sharply it seems. "We'll pay x, if they won't take it, find me someone not as good who will". Sometimes defies logic but such is.
I know mate , that's the mentality for these people here , just get me a guy for x , yes but if you pay y you'll get a much better product , no , i only want to pay x

You'll find the first guy will eventually f*** the job up get fired and they'll end up getting the second guy and it's cost them a lot more money than going for the second option in the first place.

They'll also be a loss of face and the cycle will continue , the cycle hardly ever breaks as everyone's so arrogant and ignorant to see the shortcomings.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:50 am
Account Closed

I know mate , that's the mentality for these people here , just get me a guy for x , yes but if you pay y you'll get a much better product , no , i only want to pay x

You'll find the first guy will eventually f*** the job up get fired and they'll end up getting the second guy and it's cost them a lot more money than going for the second option in the first place.

They'll also be a loss of face and the cycle will continue , the cycle hardly ever breaks as everyone's so arrogant and ignorant to see the shortcomings.
Rapidly learning that one.

Commercial staff is the one that stands out... why get someone who might cost you money, or not get a variation / claim right and lose you money. Pay a bit more, get the guy who's shit hot and they make that money back. (in simplest possible terms).

But hey, they want x, they'll get x but I'm going to dangle y in front of them and see what happens!
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Agent says the co are offering 45-50k all in, trying to work out of schooling is separate. Surely decent housing will gost 15-20k a month?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:06 am
Just Joined

What are you worth ?
With previous ME experience and 20 yrs QS I would expect 55k package with schooling/flights/medical above this. Dont think this is too extravagant.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:11 am

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

With previous ME experience and 20 yrs QS I would expect 55k package with schooling/flights/medical above this. Dont think this is too extravagant.
Not in todays climate, not a hope, there just aren't that many positions out there. If you do get lucky and find some please pm me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.