Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Recruitment process at KFUPM, Saudi Arabia

Recruitment process at KFUPM, Saudi Arabia

Old May 19th 2013, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

drmysterious is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Recruitment process at KFUPM, Saudi Arabia

Hi all,

I have recently applied for an engineering faculty position at KFUPM, having heard/read that KFUPM is among the top Saudi Universities, by sending my CV to the faculty directly.

After about 2 months, they replied back requesting me to complete a green application form, apparently KFUPM official recruitment application form. I have completed this over the last few days.

I have two basic questions, which I hope you can help me clarify please .

1- How does the recruitment process progress at KFUPM (i.e. the next steps), and how long does it normally take?

2- What sort of salary bracket should I expect, if I am successful hopefully? The position is for Assistant Professor. I have been working in a top UK university for the last 5 years as postdoc researcher. I, thus, have a strong research profile and moderate teaching experience.

Thanks,
P.S. This is my first post, so please be gentle .
Dr.Mysterious
Old May 19th 2013, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recruitment process at KFUPM, Saudi Arabia

The whole process is shrouded in mystery. My only advice is to be patient. Nothing you can do now will change the outcome so wait and see what they offer. I worked at KFUPM Main Campus in Dhahran and at one of the subsidiary Community Colleges. Good employer who treats you fairly.

I weas not in the Engineering Faculty but taught English on the Prep Year Programme. By Saudi standrards, the students are3 good. They are certainly more biddable than their age-mates in the west !
Old May 20th 2013, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
By Saudi standrards, the students are3 good. They are certainly more BIDDABLE than their age-mates in the west !
What does that mean?
Old May 20th 2013, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
What does that mean?
It no doubt means, mental one, that they do not kick off all the time, something which should have been obvious.
Old May 20th 2013, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

They are not mental headcases. Compare adolescents in the so-called "devfeloped" world. And some posters here.

"biddable" means that they do what they are told.

viz the archaic verb bid, past tense bade, past participle bidden

Last edited by scot47; May 20th 2013 at 8:06 am.
Old May 20th 2013, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

The whole process is shrouded in mystery. My only advice is to be patient. Nothing you can do now will change the outcome so wait and see what they offer. I worked at KFUPM Main Campus in Dhahran and at one of the subsidiary Community Colleges. Good employer who treats you fairly.

I weas not in the Engineering Faculty but taught English on the Prep Year Programme. By Saudi standrards, the students are3 good. They are certainly more biddable than their age-mates in the west !
Thank you scot47 for your fast reply.

I am glad to hear that both the University and students are good. I agree with you, it is a waiting game now, and patience is the key.

However, it would help to know the minimum salary one should expect to receive? So maybe you can enlighten us since you had already worked there?

Thanks
Old May 20th 2013, 11:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

They are not mental headcases. Compare adolescents in the so-called "devfeloped" world. And some posters here.
Interesting.

Well, it's not actually, it's bollocks, but you know.
Old May 20th 2013, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have no idea what teachers on the Engineering side can expect. Salary scales are published, but I have no idea how they will calculate yoiur place on the scales. Do you have no compatriots on the faculty ? Lots of Pakistanis, Indians, Saudis and other Arabs there. The Western faculty in Engineering left a long tome ago when restrictions were made on the educational allowances paid to foreign tecahing staff. Now the maximum total allowance is 25,000 SR, regardless of how many school-age children you have. This is not ensough for school fees for ONE child at the British or American school.
Old May 21st 2013, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Haron is an unknown quantity at this point

Now the maximum total allowance is 25,000 SR, regardless of how many school-age children you have. This is not ensough for school fees for ONE child at the British or American school.
PMU pays up to 60k SAR per year towards kids education
Old May 22nd 2013, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

I have no idea what teachers on the Engineering side can expect. Salary scales are published, but I have no idea how they will calculate yoiur place on the scales. Do you have no compatriots on the faculty ? Lots of Pakistanis, Indians, Saudis and other Arabs there. The Western faculty in Engineering left a long tome ago when restrictions were made on the educational allowances paid to foreign tecahing staff. Now the maximum total allowance is 25,000 SR, regardless of how many school-age children you have. This is not ensough for school fees for ONE child at the British or American school.
No compatriots I am afraid , which is why I asked here. I will update you if I hear anything from them.
Old May 23rd 2013, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMU has a very high turnover in teachers. KFUPM less so.
Old May 23rd 2013, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Haron
PMU pays up to 60k SAR per year towards kids education
What is the average salary for Assistant Prpfessor in PMU if you know?

Cheers
Old May 23rd 2013, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

PMU has a very high turnover in teachers. KFUPM less so.
Why? as far as I know they pay well and provide furnished accommodation. Is it a problem with administration?
Old May 23rd 2013, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by drmysterious
What is the average salary for Assistant Prpfessor in PMU if you know?

Cheers
It depends on experience, and passport. I think it varies between 17k to 20k for assistant professor in Engineering. Other fields may be different.
Old May 23rd 2013, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Haron
It depends on experience, and passport. I think it varies between 17k to 20k for assistant professor in Engineering. Other fields may be different.
Sounds motivating, maybe I should send my cv to them. You think it is too late for a September start?

5 years research experience, western passport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.