Recruitment Consultants

Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

MuzD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recruitment Consultants

I have tried all the usual websites bayt.com, monstergulf etc. I am surprised no one acknowledges the job applications.

I have good 10+ years experience in on-line marketing, business development and a very strong IT background.

Can some one suggest a good recruitment consultant. I am happy to try KSA, Bahrain and UAE.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recruitment Consultants

Originally Posted by MuzD
I have tried all the usual websites bayt.com, monstergulf etc. I am surprised no one acknowledges the job applications.

I have good 10+ years experience in on-line marketing, business development and a very strong IT background.

Can some one suggest a good recruitment consultant. I am happy to try KSA, Bahrain and UAE.
Come on man, 10 years business development experience must have taught you that emails are not the way to make an introduction. Call 'em bro. Call 'em.

More seriously though, the culture here is that emails are really just for information. Nothing happens with them. As for online job applications, you are only contacted if you are successful...
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:26 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have good 10+ years experience in on-line marketing
Physician heal thyself?

Try Scamp, he's to be trusted.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:51 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

In my experience the name of the game here is a "don't call us, we'll call you". Register on the sites as mentioned and if you've got something they need you will be contacted. I know it works..well for me it did :-)

Or do what Millhouse said. Call companies. Sell yourself! Network...
Old Jul 12th 2011, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

you won't get a call unless you're spot on for whatever someone wants or if they want information out of you.

Do some research into the businesses that you'd want to work for or the agencies that recruit in your sector. Then as Millhouse says, start approaching them.

Linkedin is amazingly useful, get your keywords on there and fully updated, get in groups and start adding connections. Also, make sure your keywords on the job boards are at the max. Get on gulftalent too mate.

I cant help - it's not my sector but get yourself out there on the phone and ask to meet people face to face.

Hope this helps and good luck mate
Old Jul 12th 2011, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Physician heal thyself?

Try Scamp, he's to be trusted.
Just saw that after posting.

I'm not to be trusted (BB is probably taking the mick anyway)...
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot all for the great response, I have already been doing as suggested.

I first send in my CV, I call them, I add them on Linked In, They do tell me they will email me and in my emails I request an acknowledgement that they have received my email. Some recruitment consultants are westerners, but looks like they have also picked up the culture.

Result Empty Inbox

A friend of mine says this is norm, they are lazy and take their time unlike how we stay on top of things out here. I am also told, expect it to get worse, Ramadan is around the corner.

So it is likely to be one month of next to no recruitment, 10 days of celebration and then a hangover from all the celebration for another 2 to 3 weeks.

Let me know what you think!
Old Jul 13th 2011, 2:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Recruitment Consultant = Pimp.

I second Scamp's support for the superb Linked In (the screen layouts look a bit tired though), which has got me my last two jobs, and opened up other opportunities (networking, company news, etc).
Old Jul 13th 2011, 5:21 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm not to be trusted (BB is probably taking the mick anyway)...
No, that was my compulsory one-in-every-hundred sincere posts.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 5:36 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

It never fails to amaze me that it's the tech savvy who are ****ing useless at gaining employment via the tinternet

Mus d FYI for any tech job here recruiters are likely to receive hundreds of cv's about half the it grads from india in the last ten years are "online marketing experts" so there are literally hundreds if not thousands of potential candidates. No body has got back to you yet because your cv hasn't hit the top of their search list yet. Do as scamp said and if you've got the skills you'll get the calls. Simples
Old Jul 13th 2011, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot all for the great response, I have already been doing as suggested.

I first send in my CV, I call them, I add them on Linked In, They do tell me they will email me and in my emails I request an acknowledgement that they have received my email. Some recruitment consultants are westerners, but looks like they have also picked up the culture.

Result Empty Inbox

A friend of mine says this is norm, they are lazy and take their time unlike how we stay on top of things out here. I am also told, expect it to get worse, Ramadan is around the corner.

So it is likely to be one month of next to no recruitment, 10 days of celebration and then a hangover from all the celebration for another 2 to 3 weeks.

Let me know what you think!
Pretty much right. It's not that they are 'lazy' - it's more the fact that it's summer, everyone is away, and no decisions will be made until Summer and Ramadan is over. I'd be surprised if you get an offer before late October.

Now combine that with the fact that there are few jobs here, you are expensive and the work can be done by an Indian for a 1/3 of your salary.

However, in general there is little, if any follow up in this region. You are on the wrong end of the stick and need to do the chasing. It's much easier to get a job here if you are here.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Millhouse,

I am going to start ringing HR of the companies to start dialogue, enquire about the companies and see if it helps.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Dean
Recruitment Consultant = Pimp.

I second Scamp's support for the superb Linked In (the screen layouts look a bit tired though), which has got me my last two jobs, and opened up other opportunities (networking, company news, etc).
Here here! Definitely opened up opportunities for me as well, took awhile to get my head around it, but had a tech savvy geek explain it to me.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 1:23 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Paracletus
Here here! Definitely opened up opportunities for me as well, took awhile to get my head around it, but had a tech savvy geek explain it to me.
Was he an expert in on-line marketing?