Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

A Reasonable Package in Dubai

A Reasonable Package in Dubai

Old Nov 6th 2014, 10:04 am
Just Joined

UKBA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Reasonable Package in Dubai

Dear all,

I am a British academic currently working in the UK. I am currently talking with a couple of Universities in Dubai to move and work for them. I am married and have two children aged 7 and 10.

Could you please advise me on what would be a resonable package for me to accept in Dubai, for working as a professor or associate professor, moving with all my family?

Please advise if I should expect them to pay for accommodation and schooling? If they don't, then what would be a good salary in this case to live reasonably, send the children to good schools, and save a bit?

We have a quite average life style.

Many thanks...
Old Nov 6th 2014, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A Reasonable Package in Dubai

At a guess unless they're covering schooling and accomodation it won't be worth it.

If they cover those, google suggests a salary range for this sort of job at 15-20k a month, which unless your other half is going to work would be pretty marginal for four of you.
Old Nov 7th 2014, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

UKBA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Reasonable Package in Dubai

Originally Posted by Cypselos
At a guess unless they're covering schooling and accomodation it won't be worth it.

If they cover those, google suggests a salary range for this sort of job at 15-20k a month, which unless your other half is going to work would be pretty marginal for four of you.
Thanks for your reply. I think the salary would be around 30k, but I am not sure if they cover accommodation and schools. I they don't, what would be a reasonable salary to expect?

Is there anyone around working for universities in Dubai?