British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   QS Salary Expectations In Qatar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/qs-salary-expectations-qatar-720188/)

19james83 Jun 8th 2011 10:43 pm

QS Salary Expectations In Qatar

I have numerous interviews lined up for the position of Cost Manager/QS for consultancies based in Doha & have very little knowledge of what salary expectations to have. I have a Degree in QS & PM, 6 yrs experience working for a consultants within the UK & am due to obtain my RICS qualification November 2011.

In consideration of my personal experience, what should I expect salary wise, including expat benefits etc? Two consultants have quoted 23-25k/mth inclusive of housing & car allowance, is this the norm?

Thanks in anticipation.

SimonReeves Jun 9th 2011 6:56 am

Re: QS Salary Expectations In Qatar

I've seen packages around the £2-3k a month salary, £2-2.5k housing + bonus, furniture, flights, medical etc.

Good Luck - I'm in the same position at the moment.

Looking at Abu Dhabia and Qatar.

PM if you wanna chat through stuff as always good to bounce ideas.

Tockalosh Jun 11th 2011 5:26 am

Originally Posted by 19james83 (Post 9420318)
Two consultants have quoted 23-25k/mth inclusive of housing & car allowance, is this the norm?

Thanks in anticipation.

I would change consultants if I were you :rofl:

weasel central Jun 12th 2011 11:54 am

Sounds low to me, the first offer 25k as a salary might just be ok but still seems on the low side, but definitely not as an all in package.

co durham boy Jun 12th 2011 2:01 pm

I have numerous interviews lined up for the position of Cost Manager/QS for consultancies based in Doha & have very little knowledge of what salary expectations to have. I have a Degree in QS & PM, 6 yrs experience working for a consultants within the UK & am due to obtain my RICS qualification November 2011.

In consideration of my personal experience, what should I expect salary wise, including expat benefits etc? Two consultants have quoted 23-25k/mth inclusive of housing & car allowance, is this the norm?

Thanks in anticipation.

25K BASIC
10K HOUSING
4K CAR ALLOWANCE
2 FLIGHTS
MEDICAL
ANNUAL BONUS

That's a shoo in package for a first time expat in Doha , if the consultant won't go near it then tell him to poke it mate.

Brains1983 Jun 14th 2011 12:55 pm

Thanks in anticipation.

so you can look at a pile of bricks and give an estimate, but looking in the mirror is a problem?

I suggest 5k all in.

jackthehat Jun 14th 2011 1:24 pm

Thanks in anticipation.

There is not much Brickwork in the Middle East! - If they could make Door-Frames out of Concete they would! - Saddam's former Palace in Baghdad had Gypsum Balustrading!

Beware of those allowances! In the Middle East they tend to get 'Wrapped-Up' in the Salary Package. However, as far as I am concerned, 'Salary is Salary!' Forget allowances, you need an overall package! - Most companies (Local and Expat) try to reduce the Basic Salary to avoid paying Gratuity! (Final Gratuity is calculated on Basic Salary Only!)

Qatar is NOT Dubai! - Despite what you might have been told! - It is one of the Shitholes of the Middle East! So therefore, add something extra to the package.

QR 50,000/- should be your minimum target. If they cannot come up with that, forget it!