QS Interview Abu Dhabi

Old Aug 24th 2012, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough
Default Re: QS Interview Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
"Immediate start" I have to say rings alarm bells for some (but not all) employers. They mostly prefer people who are already in long term contract jobs where you do need to give notice that you're leaving - i.e. someone else already values you. If you say available with one month notice (even if it's not true) you may ironically find it easier to get a job offer.

(I often sit in interview panels and hear the panel address these concerns)
Point taken. In the current climate this is the reality with many projects being shelved and the order book not as full as it used to be.

Are you with a recruitment company or in a QS firm? thanks.. keep us posted if there is anything going.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 3:39 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Nope - just a major firm that does construction, so we recruit for 1, 2 or 4 year contracts, in-house.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 3:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
"Immediate start" I have to say rings alarm bells for some (but not all) employers. They mostly prefer people who are already in long term contract jobs where you do need to give notice that you're leaving - i.e. someone else already values you. If you say available with one month notice (even if it's not true) you may ironically find it easier to get a job offer.

(I often sit in interview panels and hear the panel address these concerns)
Eh?

I look for people who are immediately available.

Lots of contractors now want people who can start tomorrow because they've just won this job or need help with this claim etc etc. 4-6 week wait is not always helpful.

Don't get me wrong, I'll check the guys out first, because you will always get the odd nugget with more jobs than I've had hot dinners though...