Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Qatar - What salary should negotiate for the position of GM Technical Director?

Qatar - What salary should negotiate for the position of GM Technical Director?

Old Aug 24th 2015, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Le Francais is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qatar - What salary should negotiate for the position of GM Technical Director?

Hello,
After I completed my Executive MBA in Jun 2015 my employer (a construction materials leader) proposes me to joint our activity in the Middle East (based in Qatar) as General Manager – Technical Director (with R&D and business development responsibilities) for the Middle East, Iran, Sri-Lanka…. I am a French man with Lebanese origin (double citizenship), 12+ years’ European experience in the building materials and construction chemicals industries (8+ with my current employer), graduated with a Master degree in Architecture, Master + PhD in Materials Science & Mechanics and an Executive MBA (Master of Business Administration). I am 39 years old, married, two children (3 and 7 years old).
We have not discussed salary or benefits yet but only organizational aspects. I would like to get an idea on what could be a “good and fair offer” (salary, benefits, etc.) for the position/profile described above.
Thanks for your help
Ciao!