QATAR SALARY

Old Dec 28th 2014, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Jetsetter1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default QATAR SALARY

Hi all, just a quick query with regards the salary I've been offered of 19000 riyal per month. My accommodation and utilities are all paid for and I will also get a transport and phone allowance. I'm a single female, is this sufficient to live on and manage to set aside some in savings each month. Also flights home once a year are provided.

Thanks 😊
Old Dec 29th 2014, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

McZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond reputeMcZaki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QATAR SALARY

Originally Posted by Jetsetter1984
Hi all, just a quick query with regards the salary I've been offered of 19000 riyal per month. My accommodation and utilities are all paid for and I will also get a transport and phone allowance. I'm a single female, is this sufficient to live on and manage to set aside some in savings each month. Also flights home once a year are provided.

Thanks 😊
The answer depends on a couple of factors, below:
1) Are you obsessed with Victoria's Secret?; and
2) What's your average alcopops intake over the weekend?
Old Dec 29th 2014, 9:51 am
"The Seeker"

Leannmean is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say that the average for a family in Qatar is 40k
so 19k might work for you if you are single .
as the previous answer illustrated , it depends on your life style and spending habits .
Old Dec 29th 2014, 1:18 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

You don't mention whether or not health insurance is included ...
Old Dec 29th 2014, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Jetsetter1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hnd health and dental insurance are also included in my package.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 4:51 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard Saudi is a bit cheaper than Qatar for food etc, but even so we are a family of four and we live very well on 5K a month. You've got no bills, so allow another 5K a month for 'fun' and you should save nearly half your salary.
Old Jan 1st 2015, 6:03 am
Just Joined

cdn3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on your goals, either way though you would really have to try and spend all of it each month since all of your bills are covered. You can definitely save a minimum of 5k up to 9k each month.

This entirely depends on a few factors:

How often you plan on shopping (clothes, etc)
How often you eat out, do you cook at home or eat out couple times/day
And at that what kind of establishments do you prefer?
Do you plan on traveling often? For the weekends, here and there, or just take your yearly paid flights?

A restaurant will cost you anywhere from 250 riyals to 1,000 riyals depending on courses and how many drinks you intend to have
Entertainment, well depends on what you like to do, are you going to be clubbing every night, week, etc... even this should not run you over a few hundred-1000 riyals an outing unless you really want to party.
Grocery shopping, 500 riyals/week should be more than enough to fill your fridge and pantry

You say you're getting transportation allowance, will they provide you a car, or you're going to get monthly allowance to buy a car or just cover gas. If you're buying used the cost of servicing a vehicle here really depends on the make and even then it's quite high compared to where I'm from at least. If you're buying new than the warranty will have you covered for some time.

Really other than these expenses I can't really think of what else to spend your money on as a single person. There's random events that are happening every once in awhile but if you're not constantly traveling out of Doha, eating out three meals a day every day, and going clubbing every few days and you have no financial obligations back home than I would say you would really have to put an effort into spending your entire income each month.

I'm new here though, so what do I know

--If it's not too late you might want to convince your employers to cover the yearly cost to a social club like they have at the Hotels and such, some range from 12,000 per year up to 25,000.
Old May 14th 2015, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

MHJRF is an unknown quantity at this point

Any advice regarding Qatar Foundation's salary range (start - end) for grades 16, 17, and 18, would be greatly appreciated.