Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Qatar Petroleum job interview - Salary range

Qatar Petroleum job interview - Salary range

Old Nov 30th 2014, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

catnoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qatar Petroleum job interview - Salary range

Hi there,

A few weeks ago I was contacted by a QP HR representative to know if I was still interested in a job position for which I had applied for a month ago. We arranged a date and time for an interview where they asked several technical and personal questions that I think I answered reasonably good. They gave me very, very good feedback and told me that if I was selected I would receive a job offer within the following weeks (I asked about a second interview in Doha but they seemed to be convinced I fulfil all the requirements, so need for another interview).

At this point I think I have a good chance to get a job offer from QP but I am unsure what to expect from them (in terms of salary, allowances, holidays, etc.). I am aware of the high cost of living in Doha and that it’s very different from Europe.

Can anyone give me an estimate of what would be a fair offer? Any other thing to be aware of? Any advice would be welcome.

Some details about me: 6.5 years experience as process engineer, the last 3.5 in of the largest engineering companies in the world. I am single (no need for family visa or school allowance) and I currently live in London.

Thanks in advance.

catnoi
Old Dec 1st 2014, 9:03 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar Petroleum job interview - Salary range

QP is one of the best payers for salary plus allowances as they have a fairly rigid structure based on experience and degrees.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 10:38 am
Just Joined

catnoi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your response OriginalSunshine

Any idea of what would be a fair offer for someone with my qualifications and experience ?
Old Dec 5th 2014, 9:47 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

It will depend on what job you do, position, job title, how easy it is to get cheap Indians to do your job etc. there is no easy answer.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to look at the question of "Who can do my job cheaper ?" Why should any company hire you when they can get a Filipino or an Indian ? It is not "politically corrcet" to discuss this and people are often unaware of the ethnic and racial aspects of hiring in the ME..
Old Dec 7th 2014, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I know, It shouldnt be lower than 16k basic plus 15k housing allowance + other perks.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

At this point I think I have a good chance to get a job offer from QP but I am unsure what to expect from them (in terms of salary, allowances, holidays, etc.).
Salary and etc should have been discussed at the interview, if it was not then I am already suspicious...

If you do receive a job offer, which is likely to take months rather than weeks, you need to read it very, very carefully before you accept it.