Qatar offer negotiation

Old Feb 28th 2012, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

dono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant future
Default Qatar offer negotiation

Hi all,
I've finally received the official offer from QP and I think I'm being lowballed. The offer is QR23,000 + 14,200 housing and school and benefits. They put me in grade 16. I don't know anything about these grades. Can anyone enlight me and tell me also how much I can negotiate? I read some mixed discussions about the leeway I have for negotiation. I was expecting QR35,000 basic, realistic?. Thx in advance
Old Feb 29th 2012, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar offer negotiation

Originally Posted by dono
Hi all,
I've finally received the official offer from QP and I think I'm being lowballed. The offer is QR23,000 + 14,200 housing and school and benefits. They put me in grade 16. I don't know anything about these grades. Can anyone enlight me and tell me also how much I can negotiate? I read some mixed discussions about the leeway I have for negotiation. I was expecting QR35,000 basic, realistic?. Thx in advance
The salary seems low compared to the benefits . You'll get a lot villa for that amount here , 4 bedroom stand alone with pool .

I'm not sure about the grading system but go back with a counter offer . I know they pay very very well and are very good to work for so they might be a trade off somewhere mate .

Good luck
Old Feb 29th 2012, 7:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Hi all,
What is it you do again pal?
Old Feb 29th 2012, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

dono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant future

Thanks CDB, I will definitely counteroffer. What they are offering is what we are making making here and they know that. I'm not that desperate to move and I'm thinking to counteroffer for 35k. Is it realistic or maybe need more? Just hope they won't retract their offer because of that
Old Feb 29th 2012, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Scamp, I work in corporate fin
Old Feb 29th 2012, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks CDB, I will definitely counteroffer. What they are offering is what we are making making here and they know that. I'm not that desperate to move and I'm thinking to counteroffer for 35k. Is it realistic or maybe need more? Just hope they won't retract their offer because of that
Counter offer mate , you're not desperate to leave so only come if you're going to get some real gain personally or financially .

If you really don't want to work for that money then negotiate mate , once you're here it's too late.

My advice is always be happy with your deal , check everything down to the last word and penny , people in this part of the world are Olympic Champions at knocking people over small print in contracts.

Good luck
Old Feb 29th 2012, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Your input is really appreciated, thx mate
Old Mar 25th 2012, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice

Update ?
Old Mar 25th 2012, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

There is a room for negotiation, a very tiny one, but just for the basic. Forget about grades or allowances as they are fixed (their standards)...