Qatar Aspire Zone

Old Dec 26th 2010, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Streetjab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qatar Aspire Zone

Seasons greetings !

I 've been talking to a recruiter with Qatar Aspire Zone . I wasnt able to find much more from the web on their relative salary scales wat not.

I have 8 years in IT and theyr putting an offer in the realm of 20-25k , they have not spoken to me about benefits yet -which sounds worrisome to say the least.

Is there anyone in the forum working for Qatar Aspire ? Does this appear to be inclusive of benefits (accomodation, vehicle allowance??) . Hows the working Culture at this place ?

Thx in Advance
SJ
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar Aspire Zone

Hi and welcome to BE, hopefully someone will be able to answer your questions soon
Old Jan 15th 2011, 7:55 am
Just Joined

txgirl is just really nicetxgirl is just really nicetxgirl is just really nicetxgirl is just really nicetxgirl is just really nicetxgirl is just really nicetxgirl is just really nicetxgirl is just really nicetxgirl is just really nicetxgirl is just really nicetxgirl is just really nice

I think 25k is very low for your field/experience. Should be double that plus housing/transportation/tuition if you have kids. And should inclue insurance benefits and vacation.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Streetjab
Seasons greetings !

I 've been talking to a recruiter with Qatar Aspire Zone . I wasnt able to find much more from the web on their relative salary scales wat not.

I have 8 years in IT and theyr putting an offer in the realm of 20-25k , they have not spoken to me about benefits yet -which sounds worrisome to say the least.

Is there anyone in the forum working for Qatar Aspire ? Does this appear to be inclusive of benefits (accomodation, vehicle allowance??) . Hows the working Culture at this place ?

Thx in Advance
SJ
You need to have your accomodation paid for as well as a transport allowance.

25 QAR would be fine to live here if you have the above , the Aspire zone is in a decent location as well , don't know nothing about the working culture , probabley the same as everywhere else in Qatar......Backward..!
Old Jan 16th 2011, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Thx tx girl & co durham boy

Im still waiting to hear from them on this..I guess as is with every other firm, theyr gonna take theyr sweet time

will update as soon as I hear something

SJ
Old Jan 16th 2011, 5:33 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by txgirl
I think 25k is very low for your field/experience. Should be double that plus housing/transportation/tuition if you have kids. And should inclue insurance benefits and vacation.
How do you know that txgirl? Being in IT doesn't automatically mean a big salary. There are loads of people who earn nowhere near that..

Housing, transport, schooling allowances are must have's really. Without them it makes no sense to come here, unless your salary is huge of course (and 25K is fine, but it isn't huge).

I think they have to provide insurance by law, but make sure it covers your family as well as you. And sometimes there are levels of cover that can be negotiated as well, but you won't know if you don't ask.

What else? You'll get vacation days that's also going to be something they have to give you by law, but you need to check how many. In Saudi they usually give you 31 days a year (1 month) calculated as running days not business days, and as far as I'm aware this is fairly standard practice across the Gulf.

Finally annual flights home. Not a lot of money of course, but if you have a family of 4 it does add up. Standard is 1 flight home per person per year, but some companies give more. For senior roles it sometimes is issued as an allowance amount you are free to spend as you want.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

neil_95051 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thx tx girl & co durham boy

Im still waiting to hear from them on this..I guess as is with every other firm, theyr gonna take theyr sweet time

will update as soon as I hear something

SJ
hi
Would you mind to share how you are doing job hunting in ME?
I am from US and looking to relocate to Middle East. I am also in IT
Old Jan 20th 2011, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Try the typical job boards on the net such as gulf talent, monster gulf etc..ensure u submit a resume -sit back and wait..Thats what I did (almost 8 months ago i must say )
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Seasons greetings !

Thx in Advance
SJ
Aspire? Ah yes......... barely legal human trafficking........... this from The Observer a couple of years ago:

The centrepiece of Qatar's sports strategy is the astonishing multi-sport facility called the Aspire Zone. This is a huge site that houses a large indoor arena, air-conditioned stables and a host of state-of-the-art facilities that allowed 10 of the sports of the Asian Games to be staged under one roof simultaneously. A feature of the coverage was an indoor blimp that flew inside the main arena to film the action. An underground football stadium is being built before the Asian Cup.
It is also the home of the Aspire Academy, an organisation that recently drew criticism from Sepp Blatter, head of Fifa, world football's governing body. This is not good news for Qatar and Dubai, both of whom covet the World Cup - perhaps in 2018 - and have been encouraged by Blatter's decision to end Fifa's rotation policy, leaving the field open to bidders from all territories. Neither the Olympics nor the World Cup has ever been held in an Arab state.
Blatter believes that Aspire Africa, a scholarship programme for young footballers launched by the Qatar set-up, is exploiting boys in seven countries - Cameroon, Nigeria, Senegal, Ghana, South Africa, Kenya and Algeria. Aspire is using 6,000 staff to assess more than half a million boys, all of them born in 1994, in 700 locations in those seven countries.
The point? According to Aspire, it is to give the best of those boys a chance to gain an education and top coaching in Doha. To others, it is human trafficking, with the sole intention of providing Qatar with footballers for their future national team - not much different to the way a club, rather than a country, usually operates.
In a candid response to a letter sent by five members of the European Parliament, raising concerns over the Aspire project, disclosed to Observer Sport, Blatter acknowledges that 'their establishment of recruitment networks in these seven African countries reveals just what Aspire is all about. Aspire offers a good example of... exploitation'.
The Aspire Academy cost $1.3billion to build in Doha and the Qatar is bill it as 'an incredible opportunity for talented young African boys to reach the heights of international football in the future'. Aspire was launched by Pele and also gained support from, among others, Sven-Goran Eriksson, Zinedine Zidane, Maradona and Glenn Hoddle.
The scheme is highly controversial and Jean-Claude M'Bvoumin, president of Culture Foot Solidaire, the Paris-based organisation that campaigns against the trafficking of African footballers, asked Blatter to stop the Aspire project. 'Aspire Africa is an illegal project which violates the Fifa rules concerning the protection of minors,' says M'Bvoumin, a former professional footballer in Cameroon. 'It's strictly prohibited under Fifa regulations to recruit young foreign footballers aged less than 13, which is the case here. From an ethical point of view it is a catastrophe. It's a way for Aspire to say that with money you can do anything you want.'