Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Qatar airways employees ...housing allowance?

Qatar airways employees ...housing allowance?

Old Jun 20th 2012, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

LMMB2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qatar airways employees ...housing allowance?

Hello does anyone know what housing allowance to expect from Qatar airways grade 10 position?
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:50 am
Just Joined

GreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really nice
Default Re: Qatar airways employees ...housing allowance?

Originally Posted by LMMB2012
Hello does anyone know what housing allowance to expect from Qatar airways grade 10 position?
Hi there, just saw your post - do you still need some information (or too late)
Old Jul 15th 2012, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

LMMB2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any information would be greatly appreciated on housing allowance and compounds used by Qatar Airways employees. Thank you
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:54 am
Just Joined

GreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really nice

PM Sent
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:32 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GreenApples
PM Sent
Stick it on the forum, it would be interesting to see how it compares to Emirates and Etihad's pay scales....
Old Jul 17th 2012, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kix
Stick it on the forum, it would be interesting to see how it compares to Emirates and Etihad's pay scales....
No worries Kix

I could only give information on being a grade 9, at that level the housing allowance was QR8000 plus QR300 utilities.

Interesting, and I dont know how true it was/is, I heard that QR was reluctant to allow people to take the allowance and find their own accommodation, as they had an oversupply of accommodation. So you were sort of locked in to take the company supplied accommodation.

Personally I didnt have an issue with that as I though the accommodation provided as very nice and entirely adequate.

Cheers
Old Jul 17th 2012, 7:50 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

An Emirates grade 9 is getting 180k/year housing at moment....
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kix
An Emirates grade 9 is getting 180k/year housing at moment....
Interesting...

So what sort of salary would an average Grade10 employee at Emirates be on?

Also I am not sure if Grade10 at QR is the same as a Grade 10 at Emirates or Etihad.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 9:07 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Interesting...

So what sort of salary would an average Grade10 employee at Emirates be on?

Also I am not sure if Grade10 at QR is the same as a Grade 10 at Emirates or Etihad.
For crew, grade 10 is co-pilot, grade 11 is captain, for ground staff "XYZ Manager" title is grade 9, "Manager XYZ" is grade 10, VP is grade 11, SVP is 12.

There isn't a massive jump between grade 9 and 10, there is a huge one between grade 8 and 9, so for a 10 I would reckon housing will go up to 210k, salary around the 35-45 base.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kix
For crew, grade 10 is co-pilot, grade 11 is captain, for ground staff "XYZ Manager" title is grade 9, "Manager XYZ" is grade 10, VP is grade 11, SVP is 12.

There isn't a massive jump between grade 9 and 10, there is a huge one between grade 8 and 9, so for a 10 I would reckon housing will go up to 210k, salary around the 35-45 base.
Thanks Kix
Old Jul 26th 2012, 1:07 am
Just Joined

No worries Kix

I could only give information on being a grade 9, at that level the housing allowance was QR8000 plus QR300 utilities.

Interesting, and I dont know how true it was/is, I heard that QR was reluctant to allow people to take the allowance and find their own accommodation, as they had an oversupply of accommodation. So you were sort of locked in to take the company supplied accommodation.

Personally I didnt have an issue with that as I though the accommodation provided as very nice and entirely adequate.

Cheers
For any lurkers reading these posts, had some intel overnight to basically indicate the opposite of what I had said above.

That is that apparently QR now has a housing shortage and new joiners have to find their own accommodation.

Once again can not confirm that this is 100% accurate but I think it is.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Ah1wmech is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone could help me. I am scheduled to have an interview with Etihad in AUH this month and wondering if someone could provide some valuable insight about the pay bands for the non-crew salary? At this point in the game I'm not sure what grade/level it will be, but i can tell you it is a Manager xxx position. What kind of a housing allowance are we looking at also?

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance,

Last edited by Ah1wmech; Aug 21st 2012 at 6:57 pm.