British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Public investment fund (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/public-investment-fund-929685/)

Taurus85 Apr 26th 2022 10:52 pm

Re: Public investment fund

I received an offer from PIF 2 weeks ago and after some back and forth, I got them to bump it by 6.6%.

Is it odd that I received a contract to sign, but only now they are asking for a degree attestation? They tell me is for the Iqama.

The process took 3 months, from first interview to offer. They dragged their feet, then all of a sudden, want me to be there yesterday.

blisser13 Aug 19th 2022 8:40 am

Agreed. Lots of hiring in PIF and NEOM and few info on them.
My last boss just moved to PIF a few months ago and called me to join him. I'm wondering what the interview process would be? He's a director there.
I'm with a SWF here in the UAE, there was a very lengthy background check. Is it the same case with PIF?

PMCWS Aug 25th 2022 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by blisser13 (Post 13135576)
Agreed. Lots of hiring in PIF and NEOM and few info on them.
My last boss just moved to PIF a few months ago and called me to join him. I'm wondering what the interview process would be? He's a director there.
I'm with a SWF here in the UAE, there was a very lengthy background check. Is it the same case with PIF?

Hi, how are you moving with PIF? Is interview done.

Seujetrhone Sep 17th 2022 4:34 am

I am in the process of being recruited at PIF .....does house and school allowance come on top of the salary? Can we negotiate the salary?
what is the work culture there? I.e. Work life balance? Thanks

How long takes the background check please?

Last question where is it convenient to live when working at PIF?

UKexpat2021 Sep 17th 2022 12:26 pm

I had an offer from the PIF last year but chose to stay in Europe. I understood they don't like to negotiate the base that much and prefer to take your current comp and add a certain %. They were flexible on increasing the sign on bonus but mainly because I was leaving a bonus behind!

Wanderlust84 Jan 11th 2023 4:49 am

Hey team
I'm currently interviewing with PIF would be keen to understand how to negotiate comp. If they ask for payslips I assume inflating existing comp is not a good idea. I'm hoping for something north of 120k SAR

Wanderlust84 Jan 11th 2023 4:50 am

Originally Posted by UKexpat2021 (Post 13141832)
I had an offer from the PIF last year but chose to stay in Europe. I understood they don't like to negotiate the base that much and prefer to take your current comp and add a certain %. They were flexible on increasing the sign on bonus but mainly because I was leaving a bonus behind!

Did they include the bonus in their calcs? What about accom etc

UKexpat2021 Jan 11th 2023 5:26 am

Bonus not included in their calcs. My experience was tcurrent base is verified through pay-slips and a % added to get to an offer.

Wanderlust84 Jan 11th 2023 6:19 am

Originally Posted by UKexpat2021 (Post 13164873)
Bonus not included in their calcs. My experience was tcurrent base is verified through pay-slips and a % added to get to an offer.

That would not be good for me. I’m in PE so base is avg it’s all in bonus and carry

Coffee_Cake Jan 13th 2023 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Gardson (Post 12973470)
Given the rapid expansion of PIF last year and this year, i am a bit surprised to see so little information regarding PIF job offers in this forum (comparing to the other thread re ADIA). I would encourage everyone who is or has been in the offer stage to share some info (to the extent that you believe appropriate) under this thread (rather than just ask for information and then disappear). To me, we are all on the same boat and let's all work towards demystifying the PIF compensation process. I had three rounds interviews (hiring manager, team members and HR) and HR has requested all the relevant documents (proof of experience, certificate of education, etc). I was reached out by the hiring manager directly from Linkedin and no agency involved. Happy to discuss.

What previous experience and which line of work were you in prior to receiving the offer?

carry101 Jan 25th 2023 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Wanderlust84 (Post 13164883)
That would not be good for me. I’m in PE so base is avg it’s all in bonus and carry

this is the exact issue I have been thinking through, carry or large bonuses exceeding 100% of base. It going to be an interesting conversation with them.

Wanderlust84 Jan 25th 2023 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by carry101 (Post 13168276)
this is the exact issue I have been thinking through, carry or large bonuses exceeding 100% of base. It going to be an interesting conversation with them.

yeah there is not much flex I’m told. Its base x1.2-1.3. The only thing I’ve been told is if you can show some of the bonus is guaranteed they’ll include it. They also offer a bonus but I wouldn’t want to count on it to be in the money

Aussieroo Jan 28th 2023 6:01 am

They will ask for payslips btw.

BLuna Feb 4th 2023 6:11 pm

To those who already received an offer from PIF, it will be a great help to this thread if you can provide information regarding the benefits they are providing. We already know they are only considering current monthly salary and adding a percentage on it around 20-30% but how about other benefits? Let’s hope that other members can enlighten us if they are providing the following:
1. Housing
2. Education allowances for children
3. Dependent’s Fee
4. Annual leave days
5. Other benefits

This will give us a better understanding so we can prepare ourselves for the negotiations.

BLuna Feb 4th 2023 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Taurus85 (Post 13110525)
I received an offer from PIF 2 weeks ago and after some back and forth, I got them to bump it by 6.6%.

Is it odd that I received a contract to sign, but only now they are asking for a degree attestation? They tell me is for the Iqama.

The process took 3 months, from first interview to offer. They dragged their feet, then all of a sudden, want me to be there yesterday.

Hi mate. Appreciate if you can please provide us with the list of the benefits that is included in the offer. Ty.