Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Prospects for a UK-trained property lawyer/solicitor in Dubai?

Prospects for a UK-trained property lawyer/solicitor in Dubai?

Old Feb 16th 2014, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prospects for a UK-trained property lawyer/solicitor in Dubai?

Hello people -

I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend of mine. He's a UK solicitor who currently deals in high-end commercial property in the SW of the UK, early career background in residential conveyancing in the same region.

How marketable or otherwise are his skills in the UAE?

Any advice would be massively welcomed.

Ta

SYB
Old Feb 16th 2014, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prospects for a UK-trained property lawyer/solicitor in Dubai?

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Hello people -

I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend of mine. He's a UK solicitor who currently deals in high-end commercial property in the SW of the UK, early career background in residential conveyancing in the same region.

How marketable or otherwise are his skills in the UAE?

Any advice would be massively welcomed.

Ta

SYB
Err, not that it ought to make a jot of difference, but the brother that I ask on behalf of is a pukka honky Brit (or at least, he can trace his family back to the Tolpuddle Martyrs. He may have some Franco or Viking blood before that).
Old Feb 17th 2014, 4:25 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Err, not that it ought to make a jot of difference, but the brother that I ask on behalf of is a pukka honky Brit (or at least, he can trace his family back to the Tolpuddle Martyrs. He may have some Franco or Viking blood before that).
No idea to be honest, however, given the choice I would always hire the lawyer with Viking blood...

In fact - that should be on his business card.

"No win, no Valhalla"

"Raping, Pillaging, Conquering and Conveyancing is our game"

etc
Old Feb 17th 2014, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

I've a friend here who is a UK trained and experienced property lawyer, out here with her husband... she's been job hunting for 2 years now, in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi, but with no success. Normally is either seen as too senior (ie expensive, even though by now she is almost willing to work for peanuts), or unable to speak Arabic... There are firms who recruit property lawyers, but it seems to be very hard indeed to get into.
Old Feb 21st 2014, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by archie159
I've a friend here who is a UK trained and experienced property lawyer, out here with her husband... she's been job hunting for 2 years now, in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi, but with no success. Normally is either seen as too senior (ie expensive, even though by now she is almost willing to work for peanuts), or unable to speak Arabic... There are firms who recruit property lawyers, but it seems to be very hard indeed to get into.
Yep - that's more or less how I figured it might be! Thanks for the answer!
Old Feb 21st 2014, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Autonomy
No idea to be honest, however, given the choice I would always hire the lawyer with Viking blood...

In fact - that should be on his business card.

"No win, no Valhalla"

"Raping, Pillaging, Conquering and Conveyancing is our game"

etc
I didn't expect the Viking Inquisition???
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 10:35 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't expect the Viking Inquisition???
Nobody did.