British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Project Architect - looking for work in the Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/project-architect-looking-work-middle-east-598279/)

Ed Pies Mar 18th 2009 5:21 am

Project Architect - looking for work in the Middle East

Hi. Blue Cat & Slingshot suggested I pick your collective brains.

I have been made redundant, and am actively looking for a new position - before my visa runs out! I have 5 weeks left, and with a family and a villa in tow, I need to move quickly.

I am a Senior / Principal Project Architect with 11 years experience of runnning high-end commercial, residential and hospitality projects.

I came to Dubai in June to be Project Architect for the Four Seasons Hotel, Dubai, and have now been let go as the project has been put 'on hold'. I am also considering Design Manager positions with Contractors, as well as roles with Consultants.

If you have any ideas of companies which are hiring, or projects which are starting on site, please let me know.

Thanks for your help

Blue Cat Mar 18th 2009 12:04 pm

Re: Project Architect - looking for work in the Middle East

Originally Posted by Ed Pies (Post 7391818)
Hi. Blue Cat & Slingshot suggested I pick your collective brains.

I have been made redundant, and am actively looking for a new position - before my visa runs out! I have 5 weeks left, and with a family and a villa in tow, I need to move quickly.

I am a Senior / Principal Project Architect with 11 years experience of runnning high-end commercial, residential and hospitality projects.

I came to Dubai in June to be Project Architect for the Four Seasons Hotel, Dubai, and have now been let go as the project has been put 'on hold'. I am also considering Design Manager positions with Contractors, as well as roles with Consultants.

If you have any ideas of companies which are hiring, or projects which are starting on site, please let me know.

Thanks for your help

friend of mine lost his job at Four Seasons as well, one thing I do know is that your end of service package will be exactly what you are due legally.

Ed Pies Mar 18th 2009 1:25 pm

Project Architect - looking for work in the Middle East

Unfortunately I wasn't working for one of the main contractors / consultants, so I wasn't employed directly.

Focusing on the new job for now.

Blue Cat Mar 18th 2009 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Pies (Post 7393301)
Unfortunately I wasn't working for one of the main contractors / consultants, so I wasn't employed directly.

Focusing on the new job for now.

good on you, be positive Ed, it will all fall into place ;)

Slingshot Mar 18th 2009 4:17 pm

good luck Ed - I do hope you get something sorted quickly