Princess Noura University

Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

londonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant future
Default Princess Noura University

Does anyone on this forum work at the PNU? I have had a TEFL offer (my second in Riyadh). Is it a good place to be?

Accomodation is provided but not on a compound so my search for a swimming pool continues

I am wondering if there is a pool on campus, and if teachers can use it? Despite scouring google I can't seem to find this information
Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Princess Noura University

Originally Posted by londonyvonne
Does anyone on this forum work at the PNU? I have had a TEFL offer (my second in Riyadh). Is it a good place to be?

Accomodation is provided but not on a compound so my search for a swimming pool continues

I am wondering if there is a pool on campus, and if teachers can use it? Despite scouring google I can't seem to find this information
Yvonne, let me ask you this : Have you ever been to the Gulf?
Are you familiar with educating Saudi kids?

If both answers are NO, then please do some extensive research, talk to people who have Gulf experience, especially Saudi experience , and talk to Western teachers who have taught Saudi kids.
I am sure there are websites where this is possible.

Trust me, you do yourself a great favour with it.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

londonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant future

well that's why I'm asking if anyone on this forum has worked at PNU
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonyvonne
well that's why I'm asking if anyone on this forum has worked at PNU
OK, I give up...good luck to you.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I think the subtle hint was, that's it's all a bit poo....but good luck
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

ok, I'll tell you. Unless you work for a Western school, live in a Western compound it's utter s h i t e.
There.
Although, if you read a few threads on Saudi here, you'll be able to figure that out all by yourself.
Yvonne, I have lived there, please, do yourself a favour and talk to people, Western people who have done what you are attempting to do. You are putting yourself in a potentially nasty situation there.
Be careful.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

Isn't she doing that buy asking questions in the Middle East section of an expat forum?
Old Nov 30th 2011, 9:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khitan004
Isn't she doing that buy asking questions in the Middle East section of an expat forum?
yes, and she's been given the info in her previous threads about what it's like...and now the OP is skirting around the issue and still talking about swimming pools.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

excuse me but I am asking if anyone on the forum has worked at PNU or knows anything about the facilities there

an expat forum for those in the Middle East would seem a good place to look for this kind of information, as teachers there now would be the best source of info

what is the problem
Old Nov 30th 2011, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

and what's wrong with trying to find out about pools???????????????????? it's so hot out there and there is so little to do, they seem an essential to me

thank you to everyone who replied to that thread by the way
Old Nov 30th 2011, 10:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

The bit where you mentioned the job not providing accommodation on a compound...

The info kind of stems from that, that anything else is moot.

Also, that teaching Saudi's, isn't exactly a fun thing, regardless of the school.

The subtle hint being this will be shit and any other gravy on the side still wouldn't hide this being shit?

So it's a case of finding a pool, but still being in a shit situation, or not. The exacts of the school being a bit irrelevant.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 9:35 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

there are two PN Universities, both reasonably close together, but I am not sure if the new one is fully open yet.
The old one is a run down sort of place, its out near Granada Mall. I wouldn't be advising it as a good spot.
The new one (on the airport road) certainly has a lot of accommodation on campus and facilities but as to who can use it I am unsure.
Its a women's university so perhaps its more likely
Old Dec 1st 2011, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
The bit where you mentioned the job not providing accommodation on a compound...

The info kind of stems from that, that anything else is moot.

Also, that teaching Saudi's, isn't exactly a fun thing, regardless of the school.

The subtle hint being this will be shit and any other gravy on the side still wouldn't hide this being shit?

So it's a case of finding a pool, but still being in a shit situation, or not. The exacts of the school being a bit irrelevant.
Thank you Bob
I guess some people just don't want to hear what they are told.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 11:25 am
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

The facilities at the new PNU are first class, and some of the buildings are pretty spectacular, the company I work for have just finished building it (don't mention the $1b cost over-runs...)

If you would like to see some photos of the place, let me know
Old Dec 1st 2011, 11:37 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthestig
The facilities at the new PNU are first class, and some of the buildings are pretty spectacular, the company I work for have just finished building it (don't mention the $1b cost over-runs...)

If you would like to see some photos of the place, let me know
don't take all the credit old son, there were 4 major companies involved. if you overran your own budget I am guessing SBG or Oger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.