British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Physio's in Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/physios-middle-east-830042/)

pipsqueak78 Mar 31st 2014 7:13 am

Physio's in Middle East

Hi,

Are there any physio's working in the middle east who can shed some light on what it is like to live out there, working/living conditions etc, particularly for a single white female. Any info on any middle eastern country would be much appreciated! Im not sure where to start looking and was wondering if the living restrictions are different in each country and where would be the easiest place to relocate to. Also is it easy to save money working as a physio out there?? Any info would be very much appreciated!! Many thanks x

Beakersful Mar 31st 2014 7:17 am

Re: Physio's in Middle East

You missed posting in the job discussions forum. Got everywhere else covered though!

pipsqueak78 Mar 31st 2014 7:23 am

Im not doing a very good job here! Have only just joined the site and haven't found my way round it properly! Did you mean I need to post that message on the job discussion forum?? If so, thank you for the tip!

Meow Mar 31st 2014 12:50 pm

Physio's what?

Robajob Mar 31st 2014 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11197996)
Physio's what?

I was wondering how long it would be before you noticed that...

pipsqueak78 Apr 1st 2014 9:34 am

It would be nice to get some useful replies!

mikewot Apr 1st 2014 9:44 am

Originally Posted by pipsqueak78 (Post 11199523)
It would be nice to get some useful replies!

It would be nice to know what you're talking about. Physiotherapists?

pipsqueak78 Apr 1st 2014 11:07 am

Yes Physiotherapists... Physiotherapist is generally shortened to Physio, sorry for the confusion. Do you have any experience of working as a physiotherapist in the middle east? Or can you offer any information on the practicalities of living in the middle east and which country/countries would be the easiest to relocate to as a single white female? Any info would be gratefully received.

scot47 Apr 6th 2014 11:29 am

All the ones I came across in KSA were Filipinos. Working for Filipino salaries.

Beakersful Apr 6th 2014 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 11206623)
All the ones I came across in KSA were Filipinos. Working for Filipino salaries.

Yep, they are in short supply in Riyadh apparently. A mate had trouble finding one, then finally when he got there, Fili girls who weren't allowed to touch him. Hot towels only and a sonic pen only or something like that. Needless to say he didn't get better.

Now, male physio's, they may be useful here, if somewhere is prepared to pay western wages of course. They're not that enlightened unfortunately.

Millhouse Apr 6th 2014 5:42 pm

UAE is fine for a single, white phsyco.

Alexa Apr 8th 2014 2:25 pm

Pipsqueak, I used to know some Physiotherapists in Riyadh. They used to work directly for members of the royal family. They were male though. Never the less, you could always try to go through some agencies that supply help to those families. I do not know the names of those, but I am sure you can find them on line.

other than that there is ASPIRE / ASPETAR in Qatar....but again, I am not sure if they employ female physiotherapists.
Good luck!

Oh....and before I forget...if I were you I would think very hard about wanting to work as a female physio in the Middle East...there are some pretty nasty stories going around.

pipsqueak78 Apr 14th 2014 4:15 pm

Thank you Alexa and sorry for the delay. I had given up coming on the site as I seemed to get ridiculous replies so thank you for yours! I had actually just come across Aspetar about half an hour ago when i was browsing on the internet so thank you I will get my CV to them and explore that further. Hope you are well and thanks again.