Personal Trainer in Dubai

Old Jun 23rd 2018, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Jimbooow is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Personal Trainer in Dubai

Hey there fellow expats
My name is Jim and I am an EQF lvl 4 personal trainer based in Hungary, EU. I am experienced in machine exercises but mostly functional training. I'm not your typical PT who is jacked up roids did some competion and decided to be a PT with no qualifications and just makes the client run for 30 mins then puts in some machines while playing on the phone. I work at premium pt studio with mostly foreign (ie.: english speaking clients) so my professional english is pretty fluent.
I conduct an avarage of 150 one hour sessions a month.

Where should I start looking for job opportunities?

How is it like to work for a company and not freelance?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 24th 2018, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal Trainer in Dubai

Originally Posted by Jimbooow
Hey there fellow expats
My name is Jim and I am an EQF lvl 4 personal trainer based in Hungary, EU. I am experienced in machine exercises but mostly functional training. I'm not your typical PT who is jacked up roids did some competion and decided to be a PT with no qualifications and just makes the client run for 30 mins then puts in some machines while playing on the phone. I work at premium pt studio with mostly foreign (ie.: english speaking clients) so my professional english is pretty fluent.

Thanks in advance
There are hundreds of qualified PT's here and lots of unqualified ones
Google all the gyms and they should have career pages. I know some of the well known gyms are the best payers
Old Jun 24th 2018, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reddiva
Google all the gyms and they should have career pages. I know some of the well known gyms are the best payers
With the exception of Fitness First, who don't pay well.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there fellow expats

Thanks in advance
90% of your competition here.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by reddiva
I've been looking at the gyms but I can't find salaries ( of course) but not even the costs of 1 session that'd put me in the ballpark.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
With the exception of Fitness First, who don't pay well.
Yeah I was looking at Fitness First but UP seems like a better choice as far as I've read about them. They seem like they care for the talent, knowledge and dedication more like being on roids and looking big.
I just don't know how their junior program really works coz I haven't been able to find a good forum on them.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
90% of your competition here.
Make no mistake I workout as well but where I work currently what matters is knowledge not how big you are or how many competitons you attended. But in generaly the big commercial gyms are full of trainers like that.. Unfortunately I know so many stories of clients getting injured and harmed over time because the lack of proper anatomical background from the trainer..
Old Jun 24th 2018, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

150-250 AED an hour is the going rate for a PT.

Fitness first charge 200 an hour. No idea what the trainer actually gets from that but the good ones all leave and go private.

look at warehouse or Fitness 24. All drugs in F24 though...judging by the juice syringes in the car park lol
Old Jun 24th 2018, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

I laughed so hard at the syringes part mate
I now researched quite a lot gyms/studios and planning to send my resume before I go visit Dubai
Old Jun 25th 2018, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I laughed so hard at the syringes part mate
I now researched quite a lot gyms/studios and planning to send my resume before I go visit Dubai
Was shocked when I saw it, just on the floor outside. Mental.