Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

the pain that is EducationExpert (Eduexpat)

the pain that is EducationExpert (Eduexpat)

Old Dec 20th 2014, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

EasterSpirit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the pain that is EducationExpert (Eduexpat)

Hi all,
I've read here the nightmare that is Education Expat (EduEdex) but I have to admit that I also have been taken in by the job offer to Saudi. After going in to their London office (which they have since moved from) to sign the contract and pay a fee, I was informed that things will be moving fast and to expect to leave soon.

After being told to call back week after week to see if the medical dates have been sent from the Saudi office, I took it upon myself to contact their Saudi office and ask about my application and the refund since the refund form they offered stated they could refuse to refund my money. Months have passed which meant I couldn't reverse the payment any more. I'm not worried about the refund issue since I'm aware of how to get it back (small courts) and what to do even if it means flooding their emails and voicemail machine with 100 messages from me!

I've finally been given a medical date which I doubt because of the experience so far however having passed on several job opportunities for this experience I have no other option left. I initially wanted to travel to the UAE (Dubai/Abu Dhabi or even Qatar) since I'm a female it would be easier for my mother to come and visit me without having any issues like she would in Saudi considering I have no partner for her to depend on when travelling.

I've been anxious from this whole experience and as much I want to get my money back and let it go, this is the only option left for now in order to save for that masters degree. From speaking to them they said I might be placed in Dammam or Aljears /Aljeers/Aljer (not sure of the spelling and can’t find the place because of that). Is anyone currently out there and have any recommendation to offer? What are some of your pay packages since on the day we were all given various ranges from 1500-3000, is there a set figure and will they be taking a percentage out? I know you have to sign another contract when you get there so will the pay be affected? What compounds can you recommend in those areas because I feel uneasy about their accommodation? Do they pay on time since I have a fixed budget for couple months? Do they actually bother to take their teachers out and about so they don’t feel homesick as much (the females)? And just in case they place me elsewhere, is Al Khobar expat friendly?

I have a graduates degree with TESOL certificate and limited experience, so I know UAE for now is off limits to me

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by EasterSpirit; Dec 20th 2014 at 3:01 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2014, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the pain that is EducationExpert (Eduexpat)

EDEX is widely featured on the forum for teachers at Daves ESL Café. Look at that.
Old Dec 21st 2014, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Let me guess,

Was their London office run by Indians?
Old Dec 25th 2014, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Pakistanis ? ( who Saudis usually refer to as "Hindi" anyway !)
Old Jan 6th 2015, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Scot I have...really feeling anxious at the moment, they've moved offices again and that doesn't look good considering they've also moved before Christmas. I went for my medical and got the blood test done, now just waiting on a reply after turning up at an address number they've given us only for it to be a letting agency! I had the shock of my life....they apparently had some dispute with the people and had to move again so essentially their office for that day was outside *sigh* This is truly one for the books lol.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Let me guess,

Was their London office run by Indians?
No...just a bunch of unprofessional, unorganized and difficult to get hold of type of people
Old Jan 7th 2015, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

English ? Third World types !
Old May 20th 2015, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

pearls 5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have u got ur money back? If so, how?
Im also in the process of getting my money. After seeking the truth I learned this company is full of lies and theyre manipulative ppl.
(london team)

They told me I would be in saudi soon and I was given place of preference and that all was smooth. But why were there delays? They had lots of excuses made up.... And i also found out some ppl had to do their interview after they got the job!!
Crazy..
Does anyone know the exact location of edex london as they have moved office.
Old May 27th 2015, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pearls 5
Have u got ur money back? If so, how?
Im also in the process of getting my money. After seeking the truth I learned this company is full of lies and theyre manipulative ppl.
(london team)

They told me I would be in saudi soon and I was given place of preference and that all was smooth. But why were there delays? They had lots of excuses made up.... And i also found out some ppl had to do their interview after they got the job!!
Crazy..
Does anyone know the exact location of edex london as they have moved office.
With the stream of forum posts out there on this subject, I can't believe people are still trying to sign with them and hitting the same issues.

And i also found out some ppl had to do their interview after they got the job!!
Were they sending you into a uni? The uni's have been panel interviewing people upon arrival and before they start work. Doesn't matter who you are or your qualifications/experience. It's par for the course. The uni's have a right to do so.