Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Package advice, pretty please...

Package advice, pretty please...

Old May 9th 2012, 7:26 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Package advice, pretty please...

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Only downside to UAH is the occassional whiff of poo from the Tubli direction but no one notices it after a while
My wife would tend to disagree (violently). In fact there was always some smell from somewhere in Bahrain so when I was talking her into coming back to the Middle East I had to swear on my father's grave that nothing smelled.
Old May 12th 2012, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

That faint whiff of excrement is something that is traditionally Bahrain and one of the pleasures of living here if you really like poo.

That package is a couple of thousand light for a teacher with 5 years experience. Is it too late to negotiate?
Old May 12th 2012, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

IndieDarling is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Ronnie Biggs,

Not sure if the faint wiff of excrement is something I'm into, but maybe it'll grow on me?

Unfortunately I've already signed, but I've been thinking about talking to them, but not sure if I should...suggestions?

If it's too late to re-nogtiate now I thought after my first year I could try and re-negotiate (I did sign a two year contract).

Thanks for the advice!

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
That faint whiff of excrement is something that is traditionally Bahrain and one of the pleasures of living here if you really like poo.

That package is a couple of thousand light for a teacher with 5 years experience. Is it too late to negotiate?
Old May 13th 2012, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieDarling
Hey Ronnie Biggs,

Not sure if the faint wiff of excrement is something I'm into, but maybe it'll grow on me?

Unfortunately I've already signed, but I've been thinking about talking to them, but not sure if I should...suggestions?

If it's too late to re-nogtiate now I thought after my first year I could try and re-negotiate (I did sign a two year contract).

Thanks for the advice!
No matter that you've already signed, if you haven't started yet I'd definitely be inclined to go back to them and try and renegotiate. What have you got to lose? Go in hard though - pussyfooting/asking nicely will get you nowhere at all. Even another 1000 will make a difference. That could be 5 nights on the piss if you're a tightarse?

Last edited by Ronnie Biggs; May 13th 2012 at 10:35 am. Reason: Internet police don't like opinions here