Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

NZ tourism student looking for work in Dubai/Manama - Any work considered.

NZ tourism student looking for work in Dubai/Manama - Any work considered.

Old Oct 19th 2015, 12:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default re: NZ tourism student looking for work in Dubai/Manama - Any work considered.

Look. To try and help , shall I alter the thread title to something more generic?

NZ tourism student looking to find work in Dubai/Manama or something like that.

It may open up the options to find work in your area of training?
Old Oct 19th 2015, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

Livie.Ganadely is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NZ tourism student looking for work in Dubai/Manama - Any work considered.

He had a scholarship but he cancelled it in a bout of depression. His parents gave him money for a while but then stopped. They didn't know we were in a relationship til he got home. They just thought we were friends.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 2:23 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Livie.Ganadely
They didn't know we were in a relationship til he got home. They just thought we were friends.
OMG! I thought you were supposed to be engaged to marry, yet he never told his parents. Have you thought about why, bearing in mind what you have read in this thread?
You are younger than my daughters and I feel a parental concern for you that this joker has been stringing you along.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

He was afraid they would punish him. They know about us now. He is not a joker and he is not stringing me along -_- He has made me a better person, and brought characteristics out in me that i didn't even know I had. He loves me and he has proved that every day
Old Oct 19th 2015, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Me, my fiance, and his sister all lived together. He wasn't hiding it from his family..just his parents.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
Look. To try and help , shall I alter the thread title to something more generic?

NZ tourism student looking to find work in Dubai/Manama or something like that.

It may open up the options to find work in your area of training?
ok
Old Oct 19th 2015, 3:31 am
`

Y'know. You will not believe this but I was also a very young woman once upon a time. Time has not faded my memories and I do know what loves young dream is. Honestly, I do. I ended up finding and kissing many frogs before I settled for a prince at the age of 38. Yup. I did write 38. My first fiance was killed . I was just 20 odd. I've no way to know if my first love would have gone the distance into old age . I do know that it is possible to love more than one time in a life. How do I know? Because if it were not so , I would have remained an old maid.

I have met many types of frogs. Smoothy frogs. Fanciable as hell frogs. Ernest frogs and lying cheating frogs. Then there were the utter toads who were not even frogs , never mind my prince.

What I am saying to you is that I get it . As a female I get it. Doesn't stop me being very concerned for you and that is just showing care. If this lad would return to New Zealand I would be very happy for you.

My concern is not so much the lad who may feel love for you but that you are embarking on not only an overseas trip but one to a place that is very foreign to our NZ way of life. It is far stricter with much less freedom.

No child should feel the need to hide something or even anything from their parents. That makes me sad for the both of you.

Has his sister also returned? Have the parents offered to bring you to their son as a betrothed?

I shall alter the thread title for you.

May I also offer you a username change to something that may be less like your own name. As you will have noticed, many of us have a neutral username . A pen name.

@ Mikewot. Will this young lady need a visa? If so what sort of visa?

You haven't said what your nationality is Livie. Nor if you are an NZ citizen.

Are there openings for tourism graduates. In hospitality for instance. I am thinking something that would be in a more 'expat' environment to offer a little protection perhaps.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 3:42 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ tourism student looking for work in Dubai/Manama - Any work considered.

Could come to the UAE on a tourist visa for 30 days, although many people do a visa run to Oman every month and renew. KSA not so much, especially a single female.
I also have suffered puppy love and now on my second marriage, despite having vowed never to marry again. Alarm bells were ringing very early in this thread but you cannot pass on your experience, youth has to learn for themselves.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: NZ Nanny looking for family in Dubai/Manama

Y'know. You will not believe this but I was also a very young woman once upon a time. Time has not faded my memories and I do know what loves young dream is. Honestly, I do. I ended up finding and kissing many frogs before I settled for a prince at the age of 38. Yup. I did write 38. My first fiance was killed . I was just 20 odd. I've no way to know if my first love would have gone the distance into old age . I do know that it is possible to love more than one time in a life. How do I know? Because if it were not so , I would have remained an old maid.

I have met many types of frogs. Smoothy frogs. Fanciable as hell frogs. Ernest frogs and lying cheating frogs. Then there were the utter toads who were not even frogs , never mind my prince.

What I am saying to you is that I get it . As a female I get it. Doesn't stop me being very concerned for you and that is just showing care. If this lad would return to New Zealand I would be very happy for you.

My concern is not so much the lad who may feel love for you but that you are embarking on not only an overseas trip but one to a place that is very foreign to our NZ way of life. It is far stricter with much less freedom.

No child should feel the need to hide something or even anything from their parents. That makes me sad for the both of you.

Has his sister also returned? Have the parents offered to bring you to their son as a betrothed?

I shall alter the thread title for you.

May I also offer you a username change to something that may be less like your own name. As you will have noticed, many of us have a neutral username . A pen name.

@ Mikewot. Will this young lady need a visa? If so what sort of visa?

You haven't said what your nationality is Livie. Nor if you are an NZ citizen.

Are there openings for tourism graduates. In hospitality for instance. I am thinking something that would be in a more 'expat' environment to offer a little protection perhaps.

I'm alone here. I have no friends who really give a damn and my family is moving away in a few weeks. I'm going overseas not just for my fiance, but for myself too. Its been my goal for years and it just happens to tie in with getting closer to my fiance. His parents have not given a definite answer to anything yet as they have not met me. Going to Dubai is also a chance for that to take place. My fiance tried to come back to New Zealand many times but he couldn't. We are both doing the best we can.
I would obviously prefer a position in tourism/hospitality than nannying but it is so difficult to get there. I've been trying for months and - nothing.
Yes I am an NZ citizen
Old Oct 19th 2015, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: NZ Nanny looking for family in Dubai/Manama

I'm alone here. I have no friends who really give a damn and my family is moving away in a few weeks. I'm going overseas not just for my fiance, but for myself too. Its been my goal for years and it just happens to tie in with getting closer to my fiance. His parents have not given a definite answer to anything yet as they have not met me. Going to Dubai is also a chance for that to take place. My fiance tried to come back to New Zealand many times but he couldn't. We are both doing the best we can.
I would obviously prefer a position in tourism/hospitality than nannying but it is so difficult to get there. I've been trying for months and - nothing.
Yes I am an NZ citizen
and yes his sister went back at the same time as he did
Old Oct 20th 2015, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZ tourism student looking for work in Dubai/Manama - Any work considered.

well, here is my 2 cents,
I lived in NZ for a while and I know what is the life like down-under. Being from the Middle East I know people here, traditions, believes, etc.
As such, I am curious to know what kind of "relationship" do you have with your lover? If he is your boyfriend then do you know this is a taboo in KSA (and elsewhere in the region)? and he can be punished by religious police in his country for such a relation.
An idiom in Arabic says "Love is blind" so you can't see the many obstacles and humps in your way. You know nothing about these differences I presume, even if your friend has told you about them. Living in KSA for you as a Kiwi will not be easy. Tradition, religion, social life, etc is the naked reality you will face after you wake up from your roses dreams.
I can't see how you and him can live in KSA and the only realistic way out is if he to goes to NZ and live with you.
To come to Bahrain or UAE to work as a nanny just to see him for a few days every X months or so is not a good idea. It is easier that he travels to you in NZ every x months.
And also do you have plans for the future? are you going to marry after 4 years as you mentioned in your post? and is he the decision maker on this or his family? I bet after 4 years things might change and he will not be able to fulfill his pinky promises.
My advice to you is to put love aside just for a few minutes and think realistically.
Old Oct 20th 2015, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EastWest
well, here is my 2 cents,
I lived in NZ for a while and I know what is the life like down-under. Being from the Middle East I know people here, traditions, believes, etc.
As such, I am curious to know what kind of "relationship" do you have with your lover? If he is your boyfriend then do you know this is a taboo in KSA (and elsewhere in the region)? and he can be punished by religious police in his country for such a relation.
An idiom in Arabic says "Love is blind" so you can't see the many obstacles and humps in your way. You know nothing about these differences I presume, even if your friend has told you about them. Living in KSA for you as a Kiwi will not be easy. Tradition, religion, social life, etc is the naked reality you will face after you wake up from your roses dreams.
I can't see how you and him can live in KSA and the only realistic way out is if he to goes to NZ and live with you.
To come to Bahrain or UAE to work as a nanny just to see him for a few days every X months or so is not a good idea. It is easier that he travels to you in NZ every x months.
And also do you have plans for the future? are you going to marry after 4 years as you mentioned in your post? and is he the decision maker on this or his family? I bet after 4 years things might change and he will not be able to fulfill his pinky promises.
My advice to you is to put love aside just for a few minutes and think realistically.
I am from a strict religious family, even more so than he is. And what kind of relationship we have is between us and God. His parents know about us and they aren't going to force him into a marriage, they have said this much. I have no intention of ever living in KSA, I'll live in Dubai or Bahrain and he said after his studies we can both live there or come back to NZ. I'm coming to Dubai for myself, not just for him. He can't come to NZ every few months, he ain't a millionaire. If he could come it would be at most once a year. I'm doing this with my parents consent and support. And I've been thinking about this since the day he left, I've had plenty of time thanks
Old Oct 20th 2015, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of

I am from a strict religious family, even more so than he is. And what kind of relationship we have is between us and God. His parents know about us and they aren't going to force him into a marriage, they have said this much. I have no intention of ever living in KSA, I'll live in Dubai or Bahrain and he said after his studies we can both live there or come back to NZ. I'm coming to Dubai for myself, not just for him. He can't come to NZ every few months, he ain't a millionaire. If he could come it would be at most once a year. I'm doing this with my parents consent and support. And I've been thinking about this since the day he left, I've had plenty of time thanks
I wish you all the best.
Old Oct 20th 2015, 9:51 am
`

OK Love.

Can you not become sounding quite so cross. It will be all for concern. Nothing more.

I am from a strict religious family, even more so than he is.
So. Not a kiwi?

Could you be more transparent then please as it can be a bit misleading otherwise.

Not meaning to be intrusive in any way but I remain concerned. Are you a Kiwi or not. Are you acceptable to this lads family or are you not. Are you from an immigrant family settled into NZ. Are you betrothed?

Look. Everyone here would wish you all the best.
Everyone here would wish you to take the utmost care & that is the most important thing for us about you.

Thinking on.

If your parents are happy with this, then they will meet with his family and then all will be well in this betrothal.

Is this what is happening please?
Old Oct 20th 2015, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

OK Love.

Can you not become sounding quite so cross. It will be all for concern. Nothing more.

So. Not a kiwi?

Could you be more transparent then please as it can be a bit misleading otherwise.

Not meaning to be intrusive in any way but I remain concerned. Are you a Kiwi or not. Are you acceptable to this lads family or are you not. Are you from an immigrant family settled into NZ. Are you betrothed?

Look. Everyone here would wish you all the best.
Everyone here would wish you to take the utmost care & that is the most important thing for us about you.

Thinking on.

If your parents are happy with this, then they will meet with his family and then all will be well in this betrothal.

Is this what is happening please?
Sorry I get upset when people belittle my relationship.
I am a Kiwi, full kiwi nothing else. I am engaged yes, and his family are willing to meet me. My parents may meet his i do not know, they havent talked about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.