Need a Dubai job!!!!!!

Old Apr 30th 2016, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Maria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Need a Dubai job!!!!!!

Hi
My name is Maria, I am from England and i am in my final year of studying Religious studies in university. However, I would really like to go to Dubai and do some business or work for a business there. However, I needed your help as to how do I apply and with my degree Religious studies will that be accepted in Dubai or no?

I am really passionate about business and would really like to make it and do well and make my family proud but as I am the first girl in the family to graduate and move to a foreign country to work, my family don't really have much advice to give me as they haven't experienced this.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a Dubai job!!!!!!

The following might help you with an overview of what you and the employer needs to do to get the relevant permits and visas.

http://www.livingindubai.org/how-to-...rmit-in-dubai/

Getting a job in Dubai would be pretty similar to getting a job elsewhere: looking in the relevant papers, websites, magazines in your particular field of work, networking, sending out your CV.

Since one has to obtain visas and permits what have you got to offer prospective employers which would encourage them to sponsor you?

Unless you already have business experience, I would suggest to get your work experience in the UK before trying to obtain work overseas.

With a degree in Religious Studies what type of work would you be looking for?
Old Apr 30th 2016, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Maria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The following might help you with an overview of what you and the employer needs to do to get the relevant permits and visas.

How to Apply for a Work Permit in Dubai? - Dubai Expats Guide

Getting a job in Dubai would be pretty similar to getting a job elsewhere: looking in the relevant papers, websites, magazines in your particular field of work, networking, sending out your CV.

Since one has to obtain visas and permits what have you got to offer prospective employers which would encourage them to sponsor you?

Unless you already have business experience, I would suggest to get your work experience in the UK before trying to obtain work overseas.

With a degree in Religious Studies what type of work would you be looking for?

I have religious studies degree however I am looking for business based jobs as I want to become an entrepreneur. I'm really stuck. We have a family business, a rental company whereby I help out with sales so I have that experience and I have accounts experience as I have worked in the accounts department for some time and worked with payroll, VAT returns and all that. But I'm still struggling with how I should find jobs.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried Googling "jobs in Dubai"

Loads of sites/agencies come up.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Have you tried Googling "jobs in Dubai"

Loads of sites/agencies come up.
Thank you so much for your help. Honestly this means a lot.
Yes I have tried but it exceptionally hard. Also I am finding it difficult to write a percent cv.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Maria2294
Thank you so much for your help. Honestly this means a lot.
Yes I have tried but it exceptionally hard. Also I am finding it difficult to write a perfect
cv.
Perfect cv
Old May 4th 2016, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see why your degree would be a problem.

The issue is lack of experience. Expat jobs are for people who have valuable skills that can't be sourced within that country. You are better off working in the UK for a few years first and building your career here. That will then open up all kinds of options to you.

Why do you want to go to Dubai?
Old May 4th 2016, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

I want to go to Dubai because I've always wanted to work there and live there. It's been a long time dream of mines. And the experience that I have is:
I have worked as an accountant for 2 years.
I have done work experience in a school, bank, airport and estate agents.
I have religious studies degree. I am currently also doing a leadership and management course and then will be going on to do a accountancy course.

What else do you think I should add to work as a business woman in Dubai?

And thank you for the email and help, I really appreciate it.
Old May 9th 2016, 5:42 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

I want to go to Dubai because I've always wanted to work there and live there. It's been a long time dream of mines. And the experience that I have is:
I have worked as an accountant for 2 years.
I have done work experience in a school, bank, airport and estate agents.
I have religious studies degree. I am currently also doing a leadership and management course and then will be going on to do a accountancy course.

What else do you think I should add to work as a business woman in Dubai?

And thank you for the email and help, I really appreciate it.
Maria,

Unfortunately, dominoman has already told you the one thing over all others you would need... Experience. And educational courses are NOT experience.

Also, once you are over here, your ethnic background will have a stronger bearing how you are perceived, if you really are looking to branch out on your own.
Old May 9th 2016, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I also think Maria should decide what she wants to do. A businesswoman could be anything.

Maria - your dreams still hold, but what you need to do is work in the UK until you are 28, get some skills, figure out what you want to do then come here.
Old May 9th 2016, 6:47 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I also think Maria should decide what she wants to do. A businesswoman could be anything.

Maria - your dreams still hold, but what you need to do is work in the UK until you are 28, get some skills, figure out what you want to do then come here.
In addition, and if you're still determined to come regardless of the above sound advice, look at things from your prospective employers' points of view -- what can you offer them? Imagine that you're at an interview, and the the interviewer asks you (as they often do), "Why should I give the job to you? What do you bring that other candidates don't?" Even if you're not asked those questions, you need to be able to answer them for yourself in order to a) determine which sorts of companies are likely to want / need to employ you, and b) have some focus. Wanting to be an "entreprenuer" and/or a "businesswoman" reveals a lack of focus: If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.
Old May 11th 2016, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

KJinDoha is an unknown quantity at this point

Teaching seems to be the go to Job for entry level expats in the UAE. You could try assisting at a school to get you in the country and then look for business opportunities on the ground. It wouldn't pay very well, but you can think of it as a 'loss leading' activity. Good luck
Old May 14th 2016, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for replying. Can you guide me?
I really want to become an entrepreneur but I also know I have to work for someone else before u can work for myself. I want to go to Dubai into a finance or sales kind of job. I have experience and I am educated. However, I am struggling to write the right kind of cv.

HELP GUYS!!!!
Old May 15th 2016, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

I really want to become an entrepreneur but I also know I have to work for someone else before u can work for myself. I want to go to Dubai into a finance or sales kind of job. I have experience and I am educated. However, I am struggling to write the right kind of cv.

HELP GUYS!!!!
If all else fails, there are professional CV writing companies in the UK, who for around 100gbp,will write you a CV.

Out of curiousity- what is it about Dubai that appeals to you?
Old May 15th 2016, 10:01 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

HELP GUYS!!!!
Being an entrepreneur is identifying a niche/market/requirement etc, knowing precisely what you want to do with that niche, and precisely how to go about getting there.

Your previous posts have NOTHING to show as entrepreneurship... In fact, the only bit you know is so far down the line, you may as well be asking us "I want to get rich, but dont know how, HELP ME..."...

To be brutally honest, the only help I can offer is to forget it, until such time as you have a plan in place.

I know Ramadan is getting closer and closer, but it cant be silly season upon us already, can it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.