Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Moving with my husband to Abu Dhabi - How to find a great job?

Moving with my husband to Abu Dhabi - How to find a great job?

Old Jun 12th 2014, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

SarahMarieWhite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving with my husband to Abu Dhabi - How to find a great job?

Hi All,

My husband has just secured a job teaching at an international school in Abu Dhabi and I will be following him once he passes his 3 month probation.

I've since put the 'feelers' out to find a job for myself, (we dont have children yet). I've put up my CV on a couple of sites, (Bayt, Gulf Talent, Jobs Abudhabi), but no interest yet. As a contractor, (I wouldnt mind going permanent in Abu Dhabi), I usually refresh and re-activate my cv on the usual job boards whenever I'm looking for a new contract and then I'll get phone calls from recruiters, (maybe 5-15 a week) leading to interviews and a new contract. But this method doesnt seem to be working for Abu Dhabi To the point that I'm thinking I must be doing something wrong?

My experience and skillsets as a senior marketing manager is very strong

Any advice would be very much appreciated - Our accommodation is already sorted out, I just need a great new job on a good package.

Sarah
Old Jun 12th 2014, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving with my husband to Abu Dhabi - How to find a great job?

the way it works here in auh can be very different from the row..... you are better trying once here and then its hit and miss. just because you register your cv on those sites doesnt mean to say that it will be a quick process here.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving with my husband to Abu Dhabi - How to find a great job?

Plenty of previous advice using the search function. But condenses down to:
Work out what you want to do. AT the moment it sounds like you do something, but not sure what.

Then;
Network
Linkedin
Find target companies - Link with them on Linkedin and network
Network some more
Gulftalent
Network more
Monstergulf
Network more
Naukri Gulf
Network more
Careerstructure