moving to Abu Dahbi

Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

delaura is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to Abu Dahbi

This is my 3rd attempt at posting a thread in the correct forum; hope I am successful this time.

Husband is due to commence work in Abu Dahbi in July. Himself will be working at Habshan. However, his company have not secured accommodation as yet but has intimated that residence is likely to be one hour's drive from Habshan. Could be compound or hotel/apartment.

Can anyone give me some idea as to which compound(s)/town(s) are within an hour's drive from Habshan. If I have a little info I can then browse the AD map. Just want a bit of an idea.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Abu Dahbi

Originally Posted by delaura
This is my 3rd attempt at posting a thread in the correct forum; hope I am successful this time.

Husband is due to commence work in Abu Dahbi in July. Himself will be working at Habshan. However, his company have not secured accommodation as yet but has intimated that residence is likely to be one hour's drive from Habshan. Could be compound or hotel/apartment.

Can anyone give me some idea as to which compound(s)/town(s) are within an hour's drive from Habshan. If I have a little info I can then browse the AD map. Just want a bit of an idea.
Wow. it's in the middle of nowhere. I can't imagine there is anything within an hour other than a few tents...
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Wow. it's in the middle of nowhere. I can't imagine there is anything within an hour other than a few tents...
Thanks for quick response. Will just have to wait and see where we are put
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for quick response. Will just have to wait and see where we are put
No problem. I guess KCA would be an hour away - it's a shitty road though (but will be upgraded in the next 2-3 years) so do try and get a 4x4 and driver.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

No problem. I guess KCA would be an hour away - it's a shitty road though (but will be upgraded in the next 2-3 years) so do try and get a 4x4 and driver.
Thanks. I've got time on my hands just now so will try to browse on the net the compound you mentioned and others around that area.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. I've got time on my hands just now so will try to browse on the net the compound you mentioned and others around that area.
Oooops, just realised that KCA is an area not a compound; shows how much I know about AD.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oooops, just realised that KCA is an area not a compound; shows how much I know about AD.
Yes, it's a large residential area about 45-60mins from AD city. Lots of houses with pools etc. You might find a compound out that way, I really have no idea.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Yes, it's a large residential area about 45-60mins from AD city. Lots of houses with pools etc. You might find a compound out that way, I really have no idea.
Thanks for trying
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

no idea what sort of budget your on, I only got 100 (i was a little naive), and the properties in KCA were absolutely shocking. Place looks like a dump.

I took a place out at Al Reef (just past the airport), which is still a bit of a construction site and the facilities aren't finish, no shops within a 10min drive, but the finishing is slightly better than what I saw in KCA, the streets are clean and its starting to fill up with what appears to be a good mix of people. It's worth a look if your out for a reccy.

Brian
Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Brains1983
no idea what sort of budget your on, I only got 100 (i was a little naive), and the properties in KCA were absolutely shocking. Place looks like a dump.

I took a place out at Al Reef (just past the airport), which is still a bit of a construction site and the facilities aren't finish, no shops within a 10min drive, but the finishing is slightly better than what I saw in KCA, the streets are clean and its starting to fill up with what appears to be a good mix of people. It's worth a look if your out for a reccy.

Brian
Thanks very much for the information, appreciated.