Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Media or law jobs in Bahrain

Media or law jobs in Bahrain

Old Jan 1st 2013, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

RichardBellamy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Media or law jobs in Bahrain

Hello All,

I am a British national and am married to a Bahraini who is looking to go home.

Could anyone advise if there are currently any position available in Bahrain for a 34 year old with background in media and/or law? I have degrees in England and Law as well as a LPC. Are there any opportunities to get a training contract with a law firm in Bahrain? I've worked in media law at BBC Worldwide and run a film & production company in the UK.

My wife and I are looking to move to Bahrain in February and would like to have some job options, so any help would be most well received.

Many thanks
Old Jan 1st 2013, 2:18 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Media or law jobs in Bahrain

Originally Posted by RichardBellamy
Hello All,

I am a British national and am married to a Bahraini who is looking to go home.

Could anyone advise if there are currently any position available in Bahrain for a 34 year old with background in media and/or law? I have degrees in England and Law as well as a LPC. Are there any opportunities to get a training contract with a law firm in Bahrain? I've worked in media law at BBC Worldwide and run a film & production company in the UK.

My wife and I are looking to move to Bahrain in February and would like to have some job options, so any help would be most well received.

Many thanks
To be honest, you might struggle as 95% of the media companies have their headquarters in Dubai. The rest (with the exception of each country's respective national papers) are in Abu Dhabi.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

RichardBellamy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your response.

I assume though that a number of the larger Bahraini companies might have media departments, or may benefit from one.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 4:25 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your response.

I assume though that a number of the larger Bahraini companies might have media departments, or may benefit from one.
Maybe, but whether they need a media lawyer is another thing. You could try www.therightslawyers.com and see if they have a Bahraini operation.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Maybe, but whether they need a media lawyer is another thing. You could try www.therightslawyers.com and see if they have a Bahraini operation.
That's a bit unkind...
Old Jan 1st 2013, 5:59 pm
You read these things?

Originally Posted by OleJanx
That's a bit unkind...
Haha. I mean whether they would need a media lawyer as part of their operation; not whether they'd need him.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

There are Magic Circle firms with representation out here but your training contract would usually be located in London (or elsewhere if there HO is not there). You would then be able to do seats in different departments but still located within the region until you qualify. Best off to speak to the Managing Partner (if your wife's family have wasta - use it!) of the office and try to get in that way...
Old Jan 6th 2013, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Hello All,

I am a British national.........

.......I have degrees in England and Law
England? Did you mean English? Lang or Lit?
Old Jan 6th 2013, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OleJanx
That's a bit unkind...
The OP was right. The rights lawyers are a dog of an outfit and it was very unkind to suggest he consider working for them.