Marketing jobs in doha

Old Apr 11th 2009, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Amy F is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marketing jobs in doha

Hi All,

I am new to this site and was hoping that someone could offer some advice.
I am a teacher who has been offered an opportunity to go and work in an international school in Doha.
My long term boyfriend works within marketing and needs to find a job out in Doha before we move out from the UK.
Where should he look?
Is there a job forum for expats?
Do companies usually supply visas?
Thanks
Amy
Old Apr 11th 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Marketing jobs in doha

Originally Posted by Amy F
Hi All,

I am a teacher who has been offered an opportunity to go and work in an international school in Doha.
My long term boyfriend works within marketing and needs to find a job out in Doha before we move out from the UK.
Where should he look?
Thanks
Amy
Hi Amy, I'm in marketing as well, I think the biggest problem with the middle east is companies not really understanding what marketing is, have a look at bayt.com monstergulf.com even set up a google alert for "marketing job doha" you'll probably find about 80% of marketing jobs are actually sales (as many companies believe them to be the same thing) but there are good marketing jobs out there, I just haven't found one yet lol
Old Apr 11th 2009, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amy F
Hi All,

Where should he look?
Thanks
Amy
Hello Amy,
first you need to know that it is against the law in Qatar to live together if you are not married. This does not mean that people do not do it...but you can get into pretty serious trouble if you are fond out.
I can't help you about a marketing job for your boyfriend.
And yes, usually the company you are going to work for will supply your visa.

There is a forum specifically for Qatar. www.qatarliving.com

Good luck
Old Apr 12th 2009, 9:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE...

Have a gander at the wiki, there's a few agencies listed in there, some in this area...