Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)

M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)

Old Feb 19th 2011, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

Mahboula Muff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)

How do Spoilt, my mates name is Steve Pocklington fron Leeds , do u know him ? Yorkshiremen must be thin on the ground out there .... Ian
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

spoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mahboula Muff
How do Spoilt, my mates name is Steve Pocklington fron Leeds , do u know him ? Yorkshiremen must be thin on the ground out there .... Ian
Yeah, i know him, lol, tell him his hut at the fuel point has been burnt down, lol, i enjoyed the heat, lol, no more sleeping there boyo, lol, only joking!! cya both later, lol
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 8:37 am
Just Joined

richard newton is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im Richard Newton have just sent application to m,e grp can anyone tell me what time scale your looking at to be offerd drive job in kewait.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 10:23 am
Just Joined

richard newton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)im trying to get out there at the moment how d

Originally Posted by spoilt1033
Hi, My names Keith Norton and i'm in the process of applying for an HGV 1 Driving job in Kuwait with a company called M&E Group, i am after a bit of advice from someone who is either working for them out there now opr someone who has worked for them. Trying to find out a bit more about the conditions, Accommodation, what they are like to work for etc, This job seems too good to be true and i just want to see if it is?
hi richard newton here im trying to get out there at the moment ?how did you find it is it all its cracked up to be .I hope to hear back from them soon and would like some information on how to get the relevent paperwork sorted out before im offerd anything
Old Mar 4th 2011, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

spoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nice
Default Re: M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)im trying to get out there at the moment how d

Originally Posted by richard newton
hi richard newton here im trying to get out there at the moment ?how did you find it is it all its cracked up to be .I hope to hear back from them soon and would like some information on how to get the relevent paperwork sorted out before im offerd anything
hi richard, spoilt here, dont know the time frame that you would be offered a job out here as the drivers slots are (i believe) full, best thing to do is to keep checking in with M&E Group on that score. (But be prepared to go at short notice - ie 24 - 48hrs).

As for things you need, paperwork etc

P45
Passport
Photos
Driving Licence (Both Parts)

Info you need to find out

Grandparents Full Name plus your Parents (Need for Badge Application to work on camp)

Visa 14 (Collect from Kuwait Airport/Fill in at same time - Costs 3KD)(once you arrive)

Medical Side

Its worth getting your Jabs upto date - you normally need them 2wks before you fly!!! but you wont get them out here.

Medical out here (For Visa18)(1 year contract)

Blood Test
Chest Xray
Fingerprints

These are all carried out here in Kuwait, you dont need to bring anything except yourself, lol

Job

You will most likely be living in either Abu Halifa or Mangaf.
Accommodation is 2 Bedroom Apartment with own bathroom, Shared Lounge, Kitchen which you will share with another Driver.
There is (Free) Internet and TV, plus a Dvd Player is each Apartment
There is also a GYM, Swimming Pool, Sauna and a Jacuzzi
Transport is Provided by the Company to/from Work (Minibus) and usually takes about 30-45mins
Work is Normally:

Days: 0700 - 1945
Nights: 1900 - 0745

On arriving, you will normally have to wait in the Apartment untill your Badging Paperwork comes through - anywhere from 2- 4wks - normally 2wks but bring enough for 4/6 wks (only advice)

When you get here, you will be able to go to Mangaf/Fahaheel for shopping for anything you need.

Basic Advice on Shopping

When you get here, you will most likely need a mobile plus local sim card (Advice - bring a phone that is unlocked!!!!)

Sim card will cost around 10kd (5kd Credit is on sim card)
or you can buy both (Cheap Phone) for around 15kd
Pay as you go Internet (Zain) is another option you may want, but Internet SHOULD be in your room already? (Not Always or Bad reception)

Would cost you 10kd (Gives you 7 days internet free), then would cost you 5kd a month for internet, not the fastest, but the cheapest - using it for facebook, yahoo, skype (not the best video link but voice to voice is okay) will be okay as long as you arnt downloading music/films etc.

Actual Job

Days - most likely at start working for ITT transport

First day will be spent Badging (Parents/Grandparents info needed for this application)
Second day will be spent in the classroom - (Driving Licences Needed for this)
Third day - Welcome to ITT Transport - you will meet the other guys working there (I'm based at ITT Movements - if your offered it and you want to drive everything, GRAB IT!!!)

When you first arrive at trans - you wont be allowed to drive due to not having the US Army Licence, so you will be on Ground Guilding (Loading/ unloading vehicles) - (taught on classroom training), washing vehicles, Picking up Litter - we've all done it.
If you get all the camps on your badge - you may get to go out of camp as a passenger if your lucky enough

This will be the norm untill you pass the driving test on which ever vehicles you are tested in. then you MAY get the chance to drive.

Bus leaves for work (current info) at 0600 and arrives at 0700, leaves at 1945 and arrives at 2015-2030.

vice versa for nights

anymore info, email is [email protected] (only if you get the job and your onroute please, thanks)

We have a point of Contact - Aron M&E Rep who you will meet on arriving normally, if you get the job - i'm in Abu Halifa, Apartment 15. cya

pps - Well worth bringing a Laptop - pre install Skype (Cheap calls home), Hotspot Shield (Hides your IP Address), Decent antivirus Program.

A laptop to buy out here can be anywhere from 100kd upwards (Around £200-300), worth bringing your own!!

Shopping list of items you will need

enough Toiletries to cover you 4/6wks
enough food to cover you 4/6wks

You can go and look round - so be aware taxis cost around 1kd each way to mangaf/Fahaheel

I would bring US Dollars (for on camp) and Kuwait Dinar (Pre Order is best option - but you can withdraw from local machines once you arrive)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - TELL YOUR BANK YOU ARE COMING TO KUWAIT FOR 6 MONTHS OR THEY WILL NOT UNLOCK YOUR BANK CARD!!!! and confirm TWICE!!! (2 seperate occasions)

I told my bank and it was still locked when i arrived. I brought $500 and £1000 in my account and £500 on me. Bit extreme but my card was blocked when i got here and i was lucky i had money i could exchange on me.

Last edited by spoilt1033; Mar 4th 2011 at 12:37 am. Reason: missing info
Old Mar 4th 2011, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

sueevans29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there guys

my brother flew out today with a job with M&E in Kuwait as mechanic for 6months.

Just wondering what it is like over there? is it safe etc???

Seems like good money but constant 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. i feel tired just thinking about it!

any info would be great

Sue
x
Old Mar 8th 2011, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sueevans29
Hey there guys

my brother flew out today with a job with M&E in Kuwait as mechanic for 6months.

Just wondering what it is like over there? is it safe etc???

Seems like good money but constant 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. i feel tired just thinking about it!

any info would be great

Sue
x
aah, mechanics - dont know much about that side i'm afraid, we work seperate, pretty quiet out here tho, not heard of any incidents/ danger since i've been here (since jul 2010), so he should be okay, lol

7 days - ouch, no time to relax, we only work 6 as a driver.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spoilt1033
aah, mechanics - dont know much about that side i'm afraid, we work seperate, pretty quiet out here tho, not heard of any incidents/ danger since i've been here (since jul 2010), so he should be okay, lol

7 days - ouch, no time to relax, we only work 6 as a driver.
hope he read my last on what to bring?