Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

looking for work in Qatar, Dubai, etc...

looking for work in Qatar, Dubai, etc...

Old Jul 22nd 2012, 2:01 am
Just Joined

glasgojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for work in Qatar, Dubai, etc...

Please help....I have been looking through all the websites in the UK for work as a 'Plumber' in the middle east...but not really getting far....
Can anyone please advise the following :
Is there any 'plumbing' work for UK based plumbers ?
What would be the average wage....monthly/yrly..
What about 'visas, accomodation, work conditions etc...
Can anyone point me in the direction of 'bona-Fide', agencies....

I would consider most locations, UAE, Saudi, Qatar even Iraq......

Thankyou
glasgojoe
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 2:27 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for work in Qatar, Dubai, etc...

Average wage? About GBP 100 a week I'd imagine.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

You're up against cheap-as-chips labour from the subcontinent and the far east, who'll sleep 10 to a room, eat a handful of rice each day and accept wages less than the Big Issue sellers make.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 6:50 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

As the other posters say, not a runner. Unless you have a PHD in plumbing and are able to manage a plumbing division.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meow
Average wage? About GBP 100 a week I'd imagine.
Thanks Meow,,,just confirms what i had researched,,i just thought i was wrong !!
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
You're up against cheap-as-chips labour from the subcontinent and the far east, who'll sleep 10 to a room, eat a handful of rice each day and accept wages less than the Big Issue sellers make.
thankyou mate,,when i came across an ad hiring philipino workers etc... i feared the worse,,and the wages,,dont make me laugh!!! even with sub-standard accomodation & poor work conditions,,,£570/month........could not believe it.....I earn £££ more in the UK......

thanks for replying,,appreciate it.........
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
As the other posters say, not a runner. Unless you have a PHD in plumbing and are able to manage a plumbing division.
thanks DD,,I thought as much after several months of reviewing job ad's. and the pay for 'blue collar' may be ok for other nationalities but not for a plumber from scotland.....

cheers for replying
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Have you considered a european country? Not everywhere is in the shitter and are in labour demand.