Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Looking to relocate to the Middle East. Seeking advice.

Looking to relocate to the Middle East. Seeking advice.

Old Jul 24th 2011, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

ollyfinn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to relocate to the Middle East. Seeking advice.

Hi everyone,

I work in the Oil and Gas industry and I am looking at starting the process of applying for jobs in the Middle East. I looking for answers to a few questions and would be grateful of any help.

To give a bit of background information I am an unmarried man, I co-habit with my girlfriend in the UK, neither of us have any kind of criminal record, neither of us have any bad credit history or debts and we both currently work full time. The one questionable issue is that my girlfriend is married to somebody else and is waiting for a 2 year separation to end before getting a divorce. This has approximately 12 more months to run. We want to relocate together and want to know what our options are.

Some of the queries I have are:

1. Can somebody please explain "Married Status" jobs to me? I presume its as it say it is and is only applicable to husbands and wives or can it apply to unmarried couples who co-habit? Is there a minimum time you need to be married before you can apply for this type of job?

Also are married status jobs just ones anyone can apply for but you only get the extra benefits if you meet the criteria?

2. I am looking at working in either Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Dubai, Saudi Arabia or Kuwait. I am wondering what type of background checks are carried out for relocating to any of these countries? Will my girlfriends situation affect her chances of relocating, i.e. does she need to be divorced before we can move together?

3. If I find work and she doesnt can she still relocate with me or do we both need jobs to be allowed to live in any of the said countries?

4. We are looking to start a family. How easy would it be to relocate with a child/children?

Any info would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Olly
Old Jul 24th 2011, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to relocate to the Middle East. Seeking advice.

Deja Vu