Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Looking for Any Job in Abu Dhabi

Looking for Any Job in Abu Dhabi

Old May 23rd 2011, 10:43 am
Just Joined

pompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nice
Default Looking for Any Job in Abu Dhabi

Hi everyone.

I am a 24 year old guy currently on a visit visa in the UAE, I am desperate to find employment here and am willing to take pretty much any job. My fiance lives here and I have been coming here regularly over the last year to visit her, now I would love to stay here so we can finally get married.

I have a Diploma in sports studies as my highest qualification.

I will stay here as long as my money will stretch to find a job, me and my girl simply want to be together and the UAE is really the only place for us right now to start

I have already sent a number of CV's to hotels, retail stores and sports clubs, but no joy as of yet.

Any advice or ideas for this desperate stressed out Brit is greatly appreciated, thanks for reading.
Old May 23rd 2011, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for Any Job in Abu Dhabi

It will be tough getting a job in the U.A.E with your experience and qualifications when there's literally thousands who are willing to do it for a pittance and if you really want to get married just head back to the UK for the weekend and tie the knot ?
Old May 23rd 2011, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Mate. I'm not going to give you any career advice - but for Christ's sake - don't marry at 24!
Old May 23rd 2011, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

You're up against thousands of subcontinentals with considerably better qualifications, who'll work for a fraction of the wages you'll be expecting.

And like Millhouse said about getting married at 24
Old May 23rd 2011, 2:01 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you want to compete--as other posters have stated--with a zillion subcontinentals in relatively menial jobs, try applying to sports-related institutions. Just do a googlewhack on sports in abu dhabi, and search through the AD government websites for their sports facilities. Your age and relative lack of qualifications may not be immediately attractive to employers, but the fact that you have a diploma from (presumably) a western country might favour you.

As to getting wed at 24--post a pic and we'll be better placed to advise
Old May 23rd 2011, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

pompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nice

Thanks for the replies everyone. We have explored the options for marrying elsewhere, for our situation being in the UAE is our best option for now.

I have done the typical young man thing in the UK, trying to get with as many women as possible, haha, im past that now and have found the person I want to be with, 24 or 54, but I appreciate your advice.

I don't really have high salary expectations, just enough to get by for now. We will keep trying and searching, so if anybody come across anything for a heavily tattooed ( this may also work against me ) young man like myself please let me know.
Old May 24th 2011, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the UAE, when it comes to women it's like a candy store, Believe me the uk has alot to offer in the pretty girl stakes, but trust me UAE is summit else . But good luck with the marriage if you do go ahead with it!!!

Also as others have said sadly there are many others out there that will work for a fraction of what you consider getting by!
Old May 24th 2011, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Haha, I get my fair share of attention in the UAE from the girls, and the guys too, hah, but the heart wants what the heart wants

Thanks again, hoping and praying for something soon.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

SimonReeves is an unknown quantity at this point

Goood luck
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chris_m
Believe me the uk has alot to offer in the pretty girl stakes,
Boy have you lived a sheltered life...england isn't really renowned for it's caliber of women in the larger scheme of things.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:50 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paracletus
Boy have you lived a sheltered life...england isn't really renowned for it's caliber of women in the larger scheme of things.
But they are renowned for their larger women in the calibre of things....
Old Jun 15th 2011, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pompey87
Hi everyone.

I am a 24 year old guy currently on a visit visa in the UAE, I am desperate to find employment here and am willing to take pretty much any job. My fiance lives here and I have been coming here regularly over the last year to visit her, now I would love to stay here so we can finally get married.

I have a Diploma in sports studies as my highest qualification.

I will stay here as long as my money will stretch to find a job, me and my girl simply want to be together and the UAE is really the only place for us right now to start

I have already sent a number of CV's to hotels, retail stores and sports clubs, but no joy as of yet.

Any advice or ideas for this desperate stressed out Brit is greatly appreciated, thanks for reading.
Can you do 'Ironing?'