Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Loan Default in Dubai and Travel to Qatar

Loan Default in Dubai and Travel to Qatar

Old Oct 18th 2010, 12:50 am
Just Joined

pleasehelpme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Loan Default in Dubai and Travel to Qatar

Can someone please assist. I would like to know if it is safe to travel to Qatar while having a bank default in UAE.

A good friend of mine wants to travel to Qatar for job interview. Couple of years back, he had to leave Dubai and left loan unpaid in UAE.

ALL HELP IS TRULY APPRECAITED....
Old Oct 18th 2010, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loan Default in Dubai and Travel to Qatar

Originally Posted by pleasehelpme
Can someone please assist. I would like to know if it is safe to travel to Qatar while having a bank default in UAE.

A good friend of mine wants to travel to Qatar for job interview. Couple of years back, he had to leave Dubai and left loan unpaid in UAE.

In the words of Dot from Eastenders...

Luke 6:31 - And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise

translated into modern English - don't default on debts in the GCC.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 6:07 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this for your 'friend' or is it for you?

Old Oct 18th 2010, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

If he gets the job he should think twice before borrowing money from a bank in Qatar as several have ties with UAE banks. Also he may have to do a visa run when he first starts so should definately avoid UAE airspace. If he gets into trouble in Qatar it's not that easy to get out as exit visas are usually needed!
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie
If he gets the job he should think twice before borrowing money from a bank in Qatar as several have ties with UAE banks. Also he may have to do a visa run when he first starts so should definately avoid UAE airspace. If he gets into trouble in Qatar it's not that easy to get out as exit visas are usually needed!
I have a crazy idea... pay off the debt?
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I have a crazy idea... pay off the debt?
Why didn't I think of that! I suppose it depends on how much it was - some have massive loans and then up and leave and try and start all over again in another country with all the "essentials" of ME life - you know the 4 x 4 , the villa with pool, housemaid etc..... you know the story
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

pleasehelpme is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your support folks....

I am still confused..should he travel to Qatar for job interview or not....
Old Oct 18th 2010, 2:16 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your support folks....

I am still confused..should he travel to Qatar for job interview or not....
I think the general gist is "only as long as "your friend" is absolutely sure that he will never, ever, under any circumstances, ever have to enter into UAE territory, and that's taking into account freak accidents, acts of God, etc..."